Searching GNT in LXX

yetsirah

Hello all, 

this is likely a very easy thing to do within Accordance, but I don't know the process. I was wondering if you could point me to a tutorial or tell me about a module that make the process of finding the GNT words in the LXX fairly straight forward. I am still in beginning Greek and don't always recognize the roots, but I am learning—until then I would like to be able to easily search for the words (I understand they don't always overlap). My apologies, if I am asking in the wrong forum.

j

I don't know what other think, but I would suggest to use the LXX-GNT module. Select the word and press Command-4. Or right-click and choose what you want.

Edited by Fabian

I don't know what other think, but I would suggest to use the LXX-GNT module. Select the word and press Command-4. Or right-click and choose what you want.

Thank you! I have both the GNT & LXX modules. So, I reached out to the Live Chat support about that module and they said, they didn't think it would do what I wanted. I didn't want to spend 90$ if it wasn't what I needed.

And if you simple use the right click. Search in LXX.

The LXX-GNT is simply two modules in one. So you can search like in the English Bible.

• Like 1

I'm not entirely certain what you're asking for, though I agree you don't need the combined LXX+GNT for this. 

If you're looking at a specific word and want to see if it's in the LXX, you can do what Fabian suggested and select the word, then Amplify it to the LXX from the toolbar or right-click menu.

If you're searching for categories of words such as all verbs in GNT, or words that occur 100+ times in the GNT, you can use the HITS command. Search the NA28 first, then open the LXX and search for  [HITS NA28 Greek NT]. 

If you select Search For -> Root from the right-click menu, it'll search the NA28 for the root but you can copy and paste that into a new tab with the LXX. 

If you're looking for information on searching for lexical forms vs root forms, there are tutorials for those. See the tutorials button in the toolbar. 

You might also find the Live Click feature helpful for this, and there are tutorials for that as well. 

And if you simple use the right click. Search in LXX.

The LXX-GNT is simply two modules in one. So you can search like in the English Bible.

That's right. I forgot about that. I tend to work in iOS app mostly as I am on the go when I usually need it. Thank you for the reminder!

I'm not entirely certain what you're asking for, though I agree you don't need the combined LXX+GNT for this. 

If you're looking at a specific word and want to see if it's in the LXX, you can do what Fabian suggested and select the word, then Amplify it to the LXX from the toolbar or right-click menu.

If you're searching for categories of words such as all verbs in GNT, or words that occur 100+ times in the GNT, you can use the HITS command. Search the NA28 first, then open the LXX and search for  [HITS NA28 Greek NT]. 

If you select Search For -> Root from the right-click menu, it'll search the NA28 for the root but you can copy and paste that into a new tab with the LXX. 

If you're looking for information on searching for lexical forms vs root forms, there are tutorials for those. See the tutorials button in the toolbar. 

You might also find the Live Click feature helpful for this, and there are tutorials for that as well. 

I am often looking for a specific word and usage. I will Look further into this. Thank you, both.

That's right. I forgot about that. I tend to work in iOS app mostly as I am on the go when I usually need it. Thank you for the reminder!

For iOS the LXX-GNT is the preferred way, in my opinion. Because there is no Amplify, the Text-Command don't work either.

For multiple Words: May you check the INFER search command. But this is not available on the iOS.

The way I would do it is:

search for lexeme in NA28

Open new pane with LXX Rahlfs or Sweet tagged

then use HITS on the first search window results to find it in LXX

post-29509-0-68912600-1607473670_thumb.png