Instant Details

justinjevans

I would like to have options for which lexicon to display in Instant Details. It's probably the only thing I miss from the other software.

My guess is that this would be a fairly simple thing to do.

• Like 1

You may know this (but in case others don't); you can hold down the Control key (Win) or Command key (Mac) to display the default lexicon in Instant Details.

• Like 4

Thank you! Yes, I do know this. But would still prefer to just select my own lexicon. :)

Which lexicon do you want?  The lexicon chosen is the one selected in your Preferences -> Amplify section.

Which lexicon do you want?  The lexicon chosen is the one selected in your Preferences -> Amplify section.

The lexicon chosen in Preferences -> Amplify only appears if I hold down Ctrl.

The feature I am asking for is to select the lexicon that appears in Instant Details by default. For example, I was recently working on a project that I would have liked the default lexicon to be the Concise Dictionary of Classical Hebrew.

Ideally, I would like the Instant Details to display:

1- inflected form

2- lexical form

3- parsing

4- lexicon of my choice

I’ve been advocating for this since my first post seven years ago. If ID is open, hovering with the mouse would show our preferred lexicon. If ID is not open, then a long press would open our preferred lexicon in the pop-up.

Not all of us work with Accordance sitting at a desktop with a free hand to use the Cmd key.

I’m not a programmer. But it stands to reason that if default hover and Cmd-hover are already in the code, it would be fairly easy to switch them. Then users could choose their preferred default hover or long press action.

Michel

• Like 4