wido27

Hi there,

I am using Accordance mainly on my iPad and iPhone, I have also installed it on my desktop computer and laptop.

Situation:

While reading the Bible I usually take notes in "user notes", I also highlight verses and/or words, and so on.

After my reading time I usually hit the sync button on my iPad and after syncing I also do the same on my iPhone. This will allow me to have the same notes and highlights on my phone as well.
Straight forward and simple.

Now, as we all are well aware of, Dropbox had a policy change and charges a fairly high amount of money for subscription.

I would like to see the feature to sync all Accordance files via a file folder. The file folder of choice, obviously can be located in a cloud folder, where in turn all files would be synchronized.

Has anyone solved the same or a similar problem?

Has anyone the same request?

Matt 6:33

Blessings,

Olivier

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to hear an answer to this as well. I've had a lot of trouble with Dropbox and my notes in Accordance.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'll comment to bump this to the top. Accordance really needs to bring the sync of their notes and others in house instead of using a third party regardless of who it is.

1. Notes

2. Highlights

3. User created content

4. Library arrangement order

There may be other things that others would like to see synced.

• Like 4

I too have had issues with Dropbox. I tried the wifi sync with no success, so some other option would be great.

Bob

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Dropbox is so scary. Over the years I've lost a few sets of my notes. I had to go back to some old backup I had. One time I had no backup and lost all my notes thanks to Dropbox, I was ready to cry. If there's a burp in the wifi and Accordance hesitates to sync when you close the app, it means your dropbox sync will fail and usually overwrite your user note file with the old one and you lose out.

Let's modernize Accordance and get it on the iCloud for then Mac version ---please!

I've been stuck on just my one laptop with Accordance when it comes to my notes. I have it on another laptop and an iPad, but I will no longer attempt to sync notes in fear of losing my notes on my laptop.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Syncing with Dropbox is problematic and expensive.

Let's modernize Accordance and get it on the iCloud for then Mac version or Onedrive for Windows version ---please!

2 minutes ago, bertotady said:

Syncing with Dropbox is problematic and expensive.

Let's modernize Accordance and get it on the iCloud for then Mac version or Onedrive for Windows version ---please!

AFAIK with Accordance 14 they will have their own sync process. With no need on third party applications.

4 hours ago, bertotady said:

We are working on our own internal syncing solution not reliant on 3rd parties.

4 hours ago, Fabian said:

AFAIK with Accordance 14 they will have their own sync process. With no need on third party applications.

Correct.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

Correct.

Great news!!!

4 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

Correct.

Best news of the day!  Thanks for sharing Mr Mansfield ;)

OK, this might not be the right thread. If so, I apologize, but hopefully someone can help me.

I use Accordance on three different computers and sync with Dropbox. If I log in on one of the other computers after an Accordance session, it always asks me if I want to open the session from the previous computer, and it works fine if I say yes (I almost always say yes). But otherwise, workspaces I create and save on one computer do not show up on either of the others, even though I often go to utilities and click "Sync with Drobox". 

I'm using Accordance 13 and always download available updates on each computer.

I can download and install purchases on each of the three without a problem.

Each computer is running Windows 10 or 10 Pro. 

I generally quit Accordance (File, Quit) each time I leave a machine, and I get a message that it is syncing as it closes.

In preferences, sync settings are set to "Sync with Dropbox" and "Perform Sync: Automatically" on each computer. 

I believe, but cannot absolutely say for certain, that this was not a problem initially, but that it developed after using Accordance for a few weeks. 

FWIW, I use Dropbox with great results for other programs (e.g., photos, Office 365 files, sound recordings, etc.). I can close a file on any device and find the latest verion of it, or any of my pics, on any of the other devices, but for some reason, I seem to be able to only find an Accordance workspace on the computer it was created on. (I do not use Accordance on the mobile devices.) 

If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it! 

Thanks, 

Vaughn

PS- different issue, I have some workspaces I would like to delete, but can't find an Accordance command to do that. 

At this time, we do not have a setting for Dropbox to sync workspaces. Hopefully, this will be a feature of our internal syncing system that is currently being developed.

To delete a workspace, go to My Workspaces in your Library, and from a contextual menu from the workspace you want to delete, choose "Remove item."

image.png

• Like 1