Choose Text Selection Colors

jkdoyle

Hello

I use Accordance frequently to present to classes. Sometimes different displays work best with different color options, especially when a class is being recorded on video. For example, a black background with light or white text works great in that scenario. Unfortunately, selecting text with the cursor in this situation is problematic due to the default settings for selections in MacOS. Even if I select a black highlight option in System Preferences, it makes it a lighter grey, which makes selected light-colored text difficult to read.

In light of this, it would be great to have an option to set the background and foreground color of selected texts. It could be set to default in most situations, but being able to modify these options would be very helpful.

Thanks

Jimmy

Edited by jkdoyle

Here is an example of what I'm talking about using the Night Sky theme. The first image is the default selection highlight setting on Macs, the second is even if I select black as the highlight color (it defaults to a grey, which is better but still not clear).

post-29270-0-03505000-1605807888_thumb.png

post-29270-0-37468500-1605807898_thumb.png

Edited by jkdoyle

You will find a very friendly set of controls with the Text Display section of Preferences. On the right side choose the Customize panel and click on any color patch to bring up some common color choices, but note the Choose Custom Color option at the bottom that gives total control of color via Grayscale,  RGB, CMYK.and  HSB sliders.

If more detail is needed, PM me for more help.

—Joseph