Accordance for iOS on M1 Mac

R. Mansfield

Please help me understand why you’d like to use the iOS version of Accordance on your Mac rather than the Mac version? 

50 minutes ago, Moondougie said:

Please help me understand why you’d like to use the iOS version of Accordance on your Mac rather than the Mac version? 

I don't have it, but I think because the iOS version is smaller it makes a good shape next to a word processor. So the word processor can have 3/4 of the screen and Accordance 1/4. On the 12" MacBook you can then use the word processor nearly normally as you use Accordance for the research. 

This would be my use case.

Fabian

On 2/27/2021 at 2:13 AM, Moondougie said:

I have no idea. When I posted the screenshot, I was just doing so to show it could be done. Folks will have to find their own reasons if they want to run the Accordance iOS app on an Apple Silicon Mac. Probably most would not want to, but it's nice to know it's an option if you want it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/28/2021 at 7:05 PM, R. Mansfield said:

I have no idea. When I posted the screenshot, I was just doing so to show it could be done. Folks will have to find their own reasons if they want to run the Accordance iOS app on an Apple Silicon Mac. Probably most would not want to, but it's nice to know it's an option if you want it.

I got an M1 MacBook Air and installed iOS Accordance (3.2.1) on it. It's cool when I want to be more "casual" when using Accordance - more streamlined to two panes rather than all the study help panes I would have on the MacOS version. It's cool - had to do it to answer my own question…

• Like 2

Use case for iOS app running directly on the Mac is that there are features and navigation of iOS that are more intuitive than OSX. However certain deep research and access to specific resources can only be done on OSX. having one device with ability to copy and paste/screen print between OS’s is fantastic.

3 hours ago, Markster said:

Use case for iOS app running directly on the Mac is that there are features and navigation of iOS that are more intuitive than OSX. However certain deep research and access to specific resources can only be done on OSX. having one device with ability to copy and paste/screen print between OS’s is fantastic.

One device to rule them all!!