4Q481b- 4Q481e

MattChristianOT

Hello,

Any reason why in the English translation module there are no attempts at translating the fairly clear text in the Hebrew? The plates show at least a few clear word groups and the transposed text in the Qumran Non- Biblical module is tagged. Just curious

You would have to ask Dr. Abegg.

In Accordance, you can go to Help > Read Me's and find the file for QUMENG. There you will find explanations and also contact information.

You would have to ask Dr. Abegg.

In Accordance, you can go to Help > Read Me's and find the file for QUMENG. There you will find explanations and also contact information.

Gotcha- I will reach out to him. Thanks

From Dr. Abegg:

QUMENG is in the first instance the electronic version of The Dead Sea Scrolls: A New Translation (Harper). None of the 1-volume translations is complete – ironically The Complete Dead Sea Scrolls by Vermes is the least complete! – but translates all major scrolls and important fragments. Over the years, I have added additional translations as I myself have discovered bits and pieces that are of interest to me. But it is still far from complete. 

• Like 1

From Dr. Abegg:

QUMENG is in the first instance the electronic version of The Dead Sea Scrolls: A New Translation (Harper). None of the 1-volume translations is complete – ironically The Complete Dead Sea Scrolls by Vermes is the least complete! – but translates all major scrolls and important fragments. Over the years, I have added additional translations as I myself have discovered bits and pieces that are of interest to me. But it is still far from complete. 

I'm curious if he would be open to someone sending in editions of non finished documents like this- I will reach out and see

• Like 1

I'm sure he would. We've been talking about possibly cloud-sourcing this project. 

I'm sure he would. We've been talking about possibly cloud-sourcing this project. 

I am interested for sure- He and I are chatting now about it. Thanks!

• Like 2