Dropbox Question

Dr. Nathan Parker

I’m currently signed in on Dropbox on three machines (my iMac Pro, my iPhone, and my iPad Pro). I also have an iPad mini (plus an older iMac).

If I want to sign into Dropbox at all on those machines, does it require upgrading to a Dropbox Plus account?

I mainly use Dropbox for Accordance syncing, although I occasionally use it for syncing Scrivener projects as well. Everything else I use iCloud Drive.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Yes. The free Dropbox account restricts you to three devices. Anymore requires a paid upgrade.

• Like 1

You can actually use Dropbox to sync Accordance on iOS devices without installing the app and they don't count against the 3-device limit. I'm syncing two Mac computers plus my phone and iPad with just the free Dropbox account. 

Edited by JonathanHuber
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info. Would I just sign into my Dropbox account inside the Accordance app without installing the Dropbox app? That would probably suffice for my needs.

Yes, that is all that is needed, Nathan

• Like 1

As others have already said the 3 device limit is for their own app and other logins from non-Dropbox apps do not have that limit. I have 5 for Accordance and 6 for other apps and have not had any problems.

• Like 1

Worked like a charm. Thanks for that! That is great to know and will save me from needing to upgrade.