I need to reformat my macbook pro how to transfer Accordance

Ashadelo

I need to transfer accordance (just finished backing it up) onto my macbook pro after I finish with a clean install. What are the folders I need to look for? my main concern is getting Accordance back to the way I originally had it set up, 4 workplaces, and each work place having its own customized look and study feel. Transferring those over with my accordance notes and sermons are the most important thing. I do not want to lose any of those.

If I need to re-download the books, commentaries, languages, etc thats ok. But my workplaces, notes and sermons must be transferred over.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Ashadelo, I would save and copy my user files and do a complete clean download / install.

Your user files would normally be here....

user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences

and user/Documents/Accordance Files

Once you reinstall Accordance and register your account you can download all your modules.  You can then rewrite the above folders.

Paul.
Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Where are all the modules hidden? Because its going to take me forever to redownload everything

Where are all the modules hidden? Because its going to take me forever to redownload everything

user/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules

Thank you, apart from these

user/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules

user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences

- user/Documents/Accordance Files

I just bought an iMac and trying to get my accordance all set up on it. 

What else do I need to airdrop?

The less I have to download the better. I live in China and it will take days (literally) of downloading to get all my accordance stuff up to date.
Edited by Ashadelo

I think I got most of it. There is something I cannot seem to find out where it's location is.

On my macbook pro's accordance, I have my library nice and organized, but when i brought everything over to my imac almost none of the categories exist. Where do the library preferences save at?

Edited by Ashadelo

That is recorded in the Texts and Tools files in ~/library/preferences/Accordance Preferences.

Generally, user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences.  I would try and move that file over again and if that fails give customer support a call.  

Hmm, for instance, under my library on my macbook I have, "semitic studies, apparatus, theological, etc" but none of that carried over to my imac. Any idea's? And yes, I transferred over the folder you two listed above.

Ashadelo, what I normally do is transfer my modules manually and then run ‘install updates’.   Your account should find what’s missing from your library and offer to to install it.

It a two stage install, but fairly efficient. 

• Like 1

Ashadelo, what I normally do is transfer my modules manually and then run ‘install updates’.   Your account should find what’s missing from your library and offer to to install it.

It a two stage install, but fairly efficient. 

Yeah, i got all the modules transferred over and then downloaded what was missing. The only thing I couldn't get was the library set up I had on my macbook. I will need to go back and do that myself.