Author displays initials incorrectly in tool pane bar

Iconoclaste

When scrolling through a tool that has multiple authors, such as a commentary series or a Bible dictionary, the author changes from article to article. Since the author is displayed in parentheses in the pane bar, you can always tell who the author is. 

So far so good. 

But the New Bible Dictionary uses only initials for listing article authors. In the pane bar the authors' initials display incorrectly. 

Take this article for Lakhish for example: accord://read/IVP-NB_Dictionary#9627. The author displays as: “C.j.d.”

To make sure that it wasn't just the New Bible Dictionary, I reproduced this bug in the Dictionary of the Christian Church. Take for example this article on Richard Allen: accord://read/NIDCC#624 . The author displays as: “J.g.g. Norman”.

A developer may be able to confirm, but it looks like that is actually a publisher decision. At the end of each article, you should find an Accordance link from the publisher's initials to the actual name.

I should have been clearer. In those modules, the initials display as “C.J.D.” and ”J.G.G. Norman” but in the pane bar they display as “C.j.d.” and “J.g.g. Norman”.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

post-33331-0-19044300-1610134980_thumb.pngpost-33331-0-11474600-1610134991_thumb.png

Hello Silas, 

This is still displaying incorrectly. I'm on 13.1.5 and I still see pane title bars that show this, whether I'm in a text tab or a tool tab.

• Like 1