some way to link text selection between accordance and logos

A. Smith

I've been spending the last few weeks working back and forth between Accordance, Paratext, and Logos. I'm very thankful to have an external monitor with my laptop for more screen real estate. I miss my old dual monitor set up! 

Anyway, the verse selection boxes in Accordance and Logos are similar enough it seems like there ought to be some way to write a script or something similar to tie the text and scrolling of one to the other. I don't expect anything could work like that with Paratext. The verse selection is too different from the rest. 

Does anyone know of anything like this? Does anyone have any ideas on how to create something like this? Will someone do it? I am positive you can get some of us tech junkies to pay a little bit for convenience. 

BTW, this is on macOS with Paratext running in the Parallels emulator. 

Maybe I'm absolutely wrong about your situation. But I might I have in mind there is a feature - I guess only in the Windows version of Accordance - to scroll in parallel with Paratext as L also has. 

I might I can remeber this feature came with Accordance 11.1 or so. It is possible you have then also to install Accordance on the Windows emulator. 

At least on Accordance 12.2.9 there was a fix, because the scroll with Paratext was brocken. 

Unfortunately if you type Paratext in the Help Files of the index in the Windows version of Accordance you get no hits. But check here http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Win13/Default.htm#topics/13_winspecific/utliities_menu_win.htm?Highlight=paratext

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Maybe I'm absolutely wrong about your situation. But I might I have in mind there is a feature - I guess only in the Windows version of Accordance - to scroll in parallel with Paratext as L also has. 

I might I can remeber this feature came with Accordance 11.1 or so. It is possible you have then also to install Accordance on the Windows emulator. 

At least on Accordance 12.2.9 there was a fix, because the scroll with Paratext was brocken.

Fabian

What??? Accordance has a feature to scroll parallel with Paratext??? I totally missed that. I'll check that out. Thanks!!

Unfortunately if you type Paratext in the Help Files of the index in the Windows version of Accordance you get no hits. But check here http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Win13/Default.htm#topics/13_winspecific/utliities_menu_win.htm?Highlight=paratext

Fabian

Drats!! it is, indeed, a windows only feature, it seems. I've now got to decide if I actually want to install accordance in windows. Ugh. I don't actually want to do ANYTHING in windows! Paratext is bad enough!

Edited by A. Smith

What??? Accordance has a feature to scroll parallel with Paratext??? I totally missed that. I'll check that out. Thanks!!

Yes this was a request years ago. This must be at 2015 or so. May you find it in the Forum. 

Unfortunately the Mac equivalent https://apps.apple.com/ch/app/bibledit/id996639148?l=en&mt=12 don't have this feature. I ask the developer. But maybe if you ask him too, he will implement this. Then we have to ask for this feature in Accordance for Mac too.

Anywhere on my Favorites I guess I have also a link to a third Translator software. 

Once I requested such a feature also for Accordance. That would be great.

Edited by Fabian

Yes this was a request years ago. This must be at 2015 or so. May you find it in the Forum. 

Yes. I do remember this request a few years ago. Since I don't use windows, I never noticed whether it was ever implemented or not. I've already put up the feature request. We'll see. I've now found out that logos will also synch scrolling. In windows only. The Horror!!!

• Like 1