Jump to content

Most of My Texts Disappeared in iPad App


Nathan Parker
 Share

Recommended Posts

I installed the modules from the Wordsearch Crossgrade to my iPhone and iPad apps tonight. Everything went overall smoothly with my iPhone install.

 

However, on my iPad, after installing the modules from the Wordsearch Crossgrade, after trying to move the new texts into folders, the app crashed, and when I restarted the app, most of my texts and their folders disappeared except for my Preferred Texts folder and the texts inside the Preferred Texts folder (there should be folders for English Texts, Greek Texts, Hebrew Texts, etc.).

 

I force quit, restarted the app, as well as tried it after toggling to clear the session and download cache, and the issue persists.

 

When I launch Easy Install, it shows all my texts are installed. So somehow they all became hidden after the crash.

 

What would I need to do to restore these?

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Nathan!  Very sorry to hear that the library seems to have gotten corrupt.  At this point I'd probably recommend deleting the app, reinstalling it from the App Store, and using Easy Install or Wifi sync to send over your items again.

 

We'll also check our crash logs to see if we can better prevent this in the future.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds good. If I reinstall and use Wi-Fi Sync, that will get my content over pretty quickly without dealing with Easy Install, correct? 

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's right, WiFi sync is a good bit faster than an internet download, and it copies the folder structure from your desktop.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's right, WiFi sync is a good bit faster than an internet download, and it copies the folder structure from your desktop.

Certainly WiFi sync is faster and brings over parts of the folder structure but I have never found it be seamless and more than once have had similar issues to Nathan when using it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got Accordance reinstalled tonight. Took a few tries with Wi-Fi Sync to get everything over, but I got everything over.

 

When the crash happened, I also got a strange error message saying some module title with gibberish text is not available. I'm seeing that error on my iPhone as well anytime I edit the text folders. I can share a screenshot of the error message in case you need to investigate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

This issue occurred again, this time on my iPhone. Do I need to try reinstalling the app again? Before I do, are there any crash logs I need to send you? Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did it crash?  What action were you taking when it crashed?  As many details as possible would be helpful, thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It did. It’s basically a repeat of the issue that occurred on my iPad. Here are the details:

 

However, on my iPhonwe, after installing the modules, after trying to move the new texts into folders, the app crashed, and when I restarted the app, most of my texts and their folders disappeared except for my Preferred Texts folder and the texts inside the Preferred Texts folder (there should be folders for English Texts, Greek Texts, Hebrew Texts, etc.).

 

When I launch Easy Install, it shows all my texts are installed. So somehow they all became hidden after the crash.

 

So I’ve been able to duplicate the issue on another iOS device doing the same procedure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...