Wordsearch Users

rcdeacon

Is there any way Accordance can reach out to Wordsearch users?

Wordseach has been swallowed up by another company and I noticed that there are some who find using the other software program difficult since it can be somewhat overwhelming.  I may be wrong in this but I think the philosophy of Wordsearch was similar to the philosophy of Accordance when it comes to Bible study.

Bob

• Like 2

Agreed!!!! It's my guess they will because Bible software enthusiasts need Accordance for that very reason.  It's so valuable that Accordance has consistently worked to keep Scripture central to everything. 

• Like 1

Yep. We’re on it. We learned of the buyout a few days before it went public. Look for some kind of announcement early in the coming week. Of course, we’ll need the help of all of you getting the word out to WS users because, obviously, we can’t just email all of them :-)

• Like 5

Good deal! This is wonderful news! Looking forward to what falls out from OakTree software for our Wordsearch friends.

Awesome! I have Logos, Accordance and WORDsearch and would like to see some special deals to grow my Accordance library now that I’ll only have two main Bible software programs!

Yep. We’re on it. We learned of the buyout a few days before it went public. Look for some kind of announcement early in the coming week. Of course, we’ll need the help of all of you getting the word out to WS users because, obviously, we can’t just email all of them :-)

I don't even use WordSearch but this statement makes me happy. It's probably partly just a business decision, but it's still lovely to see Bible students caring about other Bible students. 

• Like 3

I hope is not just deals for new users like it happened with Bibleworks. I wanted a special deal but I didn’t qualify because “I’m already an Accordance user.”

While I’m already an Accordance user, I still own WORDsearch 12, so some kind of deal for us would be nice

• Like 2

My Accordance crossgrade list just got a little longer. :-)

And then there were 3...... I hope WS users are happy at FL and if not can come to Accordance and find a happy home for their Bible study needs. I just wanted to toss out the fact that Olivetree is no longer part of Hapercollins.  So lots going on... in the Bible Software world.

-dan

• Like 3

I guess since everything is transitioning to Logos I doubt cross grades are available. My Preacher’s Outline and Sermon Bible and other stuff already downloaded to Logos. I guess the cross grade prices would still apply but I’m not comfortable with the “no being able to sell it” clause.

Oh well, at least I’m down to 2 Bible Software programs instead of 3.

• Like 3

I went into my Wordsearch account and made a list of all my Wordsearch purchases I heavily use, and I already submitted a Crossgrade form to Accordance with them in case FL pulls my Wordsearch purchase history. That way anytime I need to Crossgrade a Wordsearch purchase over to Accordance, I can simply tell the Customer Service team to process the order. :-)

Question: I started a thread over on the Logos forums showing the Logos/Wordsearch feature equivalents for Wordsearch users. Would it benefit anyone if I did a similar thread here on the Accordance/Wordsearch feature equivalents? Accordance would have my permission to link it to any communications. It would basically be a series of bullet points listing all the main Wordsearch features and where to look for them in Accordance.

• Like 3

Question: I started a thread over on the Logos forums showing the Logos/Wordsearch feature equivalents for Wordsearch users. Would it benefit anyone if I did a similar thread here on the Accordance/Wordsearch feature equivalents? Accordance would have my permission to link it to any communications. It would basically be a series of bullet points listing all the main Wordsearch features and where to look for them in Accordance.

Thanks--that might be a good idea, Nathan. We've had lots of calls from WS users who aren't too keen on using the software of WS's buyer. And we may have a pretty good influx of new WS users...if...perhaps...we were to make available...a special offer just for them...soon...

Stay tuned.

• Like 1

I hope is not just deals for new users like it happened with Bibleworks. I wanted a special deal but I didn’t qualify because “I’m already an Accordance user.”

While I’m already an Accordance user, I still own WORDsearch 12, so some kind of deal for us would be nice

Okay, I checked into this. I found that initially, when we made the BW crossover packages available, there was some confusion over who exactly qualified. However, this was remedied in the early days of the offer. Basically, if you owned any version of BW, you qualify for the BW crossover. I apologize that perhaps you got caught in some of the early mixup. If you still want to claim it you can. Feel free to drop my name :-)

Just note that in regard to the BW crossover packages, and any potential "other" upcoming similar offerings, we don't offer custom upgrades. These packages are sold at such low cost, primarily to attract new customers, that we're doing little more than covering royalties, which is even tighter considering all these crossover purchases have to be manually processed.

• Like 5

This is why I love Accordance. I have always had the impression that Accordance's goal is not a good bottom line, but to help people study the Bible and thereby grow closer to God.

• Like 7

This is why I love Accordance. I have always had the impression that Accordance's goal is not a good bottom line, but to help people study the Bible and thereby grow closer to God.

Well, having a good bottom line DOES keep us in business so that we can help people study the Bible and thereby grow closer to God. Just sayin'.

• Like 3

So back to this original question. 

This page is now live, but we won't be promoting it widely until tomorrow. The page may get tweaked a bit, too. And we will have a blog post tomorrow and a blitz in social media.

Forum users are the first to know! And as mentioned, we need your help spreading the word because we don't have a Wordsearch User Mailing List or anything like that!

• Like 2

May you want to add the Tutorials for learning Accordance? Or is this mentioned in one of the videos?

May you want to add the Tutorials for learning Accordance? Or is this mentioned in one of the videos?

Mentioned on the page and in the videos.

• Like 2

Mentioned on the page and in the videos.

Ah I was looking for a link, thats why I missed it.

being an Accordance user, I am also a Wordsearch 12 user. Will there eventually be a way to migrate some or all of my resources into Accordance?

• Like 2

For many there has always been cross grade options... this is not always the most economical way but can give a significant discount for items you already own.

-Dan

The deal on offer for Wordsearch switchers is very generous. Thank you for making this available and for the resources you have included.

• Like 1