One verse and multiple translations in one window

Gary Wissel

HI,

I have a friend who is having/trying to move from Bible Works.  He asked me about a feature he uses all the time in Bible Works.  He wants to be able to compare multiple english/other language translations of a single verse.  Can this be done without multiple tabs or panels in Accordance as it can in Bible Works?  I was unable to figure out how to do this.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, I tried searching for it several ways.

Thanks for your help in advance

huauqui

Make sure Live-Click is on and then click the verse reference

See screenshot

Paul 

post-5536-0-60827900-1599851638_thumb.png

Thanks, Paul somehow I had completely missed that.

huauqui

• Like 1

... and Gary, you can use that to click any key word in the text and it will do a full (re)search for that word.  Hit the shift key and the key word and it will give you a Hebrew / Greek lexicon search.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

• 2 weeks later...

... and Gary, you can use that to click any key word in the text and it will do a full (re)search for that word.  Hit the shift key and the key word and it will give you a Hebrew / Greek lexicon search.

Thanks, Paul, I have been using the "in the text" click option for searches just had completely forgotten about the verse click for comparing translations. 

Thanks again,

Gary

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi, thanks for the info.  I'm also a former Bibleworks user.  Can you tell me, can I limit the translations that are listed using this trick to see the verse in only certain versions?  Thanks!

Edited by Edward Cheng

Hi, I figured out how to limit the scope of a verse lookup by creating a custom grouping to search.  Now I'm experiencing another issue.  When searching for a verse across my custom group of bibles, the font size is very small.  I click on the gear button in each translation, go to Set Text Pane Display, change the font size, click on Use as Default, and then click ok.  But after all of that, when I search for another verse, the larger font size is not retained.  Goes back to the same small size.  Any way to ensure the larger font is retained?  Thanks.

Edward, I'm glad you've found custom groups.  I believe the font size is set by your (Preferences) default text sizes.   However, you could make a custom workspace which will give more flexibility...

1. Do a verse look as normal.

2. (On a Mac) control click the title bar and detach 

3. Resize and realign.

4. Make sure the recycle is on

5. Adjust you font sizes as required. 

5. Save as a  new workspace.

As long at that workspace is open in the background. Whenever you do a verse lookup it will go to that workspace and bring it to the front.  Whenever you change the font sizes remember to 'resave' the workspace to preserve the new settings.  

I've given two screen shots... to help you see a bit better.

638875502_ScreenshotofAccordance(30-07-202107-02-47).thumb.png.138e030618154c7a65f4055948ae9cc8.png

830850813_ScreenshotofAccordance(30-07-202107-03-48).thumb.png.e1a9fc1c775abab7f1f6e6fdac83b52c.png

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 2