Best way to edit/create user notes

Dan Masshardt

The only way I know to create or edit my user notes is to have a word in a verse highlighted and go in the menu to amplify - user notes. It pops up a small box. Is there an easier way or a keystroke option. I can view my notes easily, but creating them seems awkward. Am I missing something?

Command-U should do the trick...

Mark

In playing around, if I just click in a verse (don't have to actually highlight any of it, or even be on/in the reference) and then click on the user notes icon in the resource palette, it opens up an editing window. Maybe I'm missing the intent of your question, though, I'm new to Accordance.

Both of those answers are just what I was looking for - two different easy ways to do it. Thanks!

In playing around, if I just click in a verse (don't have to actually highlight any of it, or even be on/in the reference) and then click on the user notes icon in the resource palette, it opens up an editing window. Maybe I'm missing the intent of your question, though, I'm new to Accordance.

also if you have the user notes open and just start to type something the user notes editor will automatically open.

also if you have the user notes open and just start to type something the user notes editor will automatically open.

Definitely the easiest. Not sure how long this feature has been around, but it is easy and excellent! It works in both User Notes and a User Tool.

Archived