NASB2020

justinjevans

The new edition of the NASB is coming out later this month. How long should we expect before we see it in Accordance?

Thanks!

• Like 3

Are you sure it's this month?  The Zondervan web site says spring 2021, at least for the print edition. From the web site:

When will the new editions be available?

The first wave of new NASB 95 editions will be published in February 2020. We must wait for the translation update to be complete, but if all goes according to plan then we anticipate the first wave of Zondervan NASB 2020 editions to appear in spring 2021. 

edit: Although Lockman mentions 2020. I too am looking forward to its release.
Edited by Larry Wing
  • Like 1

Zondervan will be releasing theirs in Spring. But if you check out christianbook.com, they have some copies published by Lockman that are going to be released Sept 21st.

We haven't received the files from the publisher yet, but we've been in contact with them and will let you know as soon as we have an estimate of the release date.

• Like 4

We've heard from the Lockman Foundation, and they should send us the files for the NASB 2020 by next week. Lockman is planning a release of the print version by the end of this month or early October, and we'll have the digital version ready to go by then.

Note however, that they're still working on the Strong's numbered version of the digital text, and they don't have a date for when that will be ready.

• Like 4

We've heard from the Lockman Foundation, and they should send us the files for the NASB 2020 by next week. Lockman is planning a release of the print version by the end of this month or early October, and we'll have the digital version ready to go by then.

Note however, that they're still working on the Strong's numbered version of the digital text, and they don't have a date for when that will be ready.

That would be the first time where the print version is not coming months or years out before Accordance release it. 

I hope their Strongs tagging is then better than the last one.

Fabian

• Like 1

Of no interest here, not in German or Hebrew :D

• Like 2

I stand/stood corrected. I found out that Lockman was releasing a couple print editions Sept 15. I ordered a copy which arrived today and have done a little comparison between ESV, NASB95, CSB. I've found a few changes from NASB95 so far in the few verses I've checked.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an update to this? Man, the internet has made me impatient. Lol. My paper copy is set to arrive next week. I would really hate to be forced to manually type in passages of Scripture for my sermon slides. 

Lockman is planning a release of the print version by the end of this month or early October, and we'll have the digital version ready to go by then.

I have my print edition in hand. Reason 10,009 why software companies hesitate giving time estimates on releases: people like me. :)

Despite giving y’all a hard time (in good fun), I think it’s awesome that you actively listen to your users and help meet needs. 

Lockman is finalizing their update to the Strong's numbers in the 2020 edition. We're probably a week or two away from receiving the files. 

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 4

I've got the 2020 update in print like Joe does. Personally, as someone who grew up reading the NASB and probably have more verses memorized in it than any other translation, I do believe this edition is a really solid improvement on the previous 77 and 95 editions.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Lockman is finalizing their update to the Strong's numbers in the 2020 edition. We're probably a week or two away from receiving the files. 

Any progress, Mark?

Wow Dustin. Our minds must be linked.  I was literally browsing this forum to find out if I missed an update when it  would be available. I just got to the last post (not yours) when my email app told me the there was a new post in this topic. I had to refresh the page and there you are.

I purchased a copy it and so far seems generally fine. I've found a couple verses that I preferred the NASB95. On the other hand I've also found the reverse true also. I'm looking forward to Accordance copy to add to my workspsace that that has my favorite translations side by side.

• Like 1

Any progress, Mark?

We received the files for the NBLA and LBLA (and they're ready to go), but we are still waiting to receive the files for the NASB 2020. The Strong's numbers are still being finalized by Lockman. I'm hoping we'll receive the files this week. 

• Like 6

We received the files for the NBLA and LBLA (and they're ready to go), but we are still waiting to receive the files for the NASB 2020. The Strong's numbers are still being finalized by Lockman. I'm hoping we'll receive the files this week. 

I bought the Kindle version to tide myself over.  2020 is available in YouVersion and some websites, too.

• Like 1

I bought the Kindle version to tide myself over.  2020 is available in YouVersion and some websites, too.

It's not available anywhere with Strong's numbers yet. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sneak peek. It's happening--coming SOON!

NASB%202020.png?dl=1

• Like 10

Sneak peek. It's happening--coming SOON!

NASB%202020.png?dl=1

Will this be an individual package or part of the NAS group? Will it be released before the current sale code expires?

Although we normally don't announce details before a product is released, I don't see that it will hurt to give you info about this. Know that any of this is subject to change before release.

• The 2020 NASB will initially be released by itself with Hebrew and Greek Strong's dictionaries. 
  • We are negotiating to add it to our NAS group, but that may not be in place at release. 
  • The Lockman Foundation will continue to let us sell the 1977 and 1995 editions.
  • Currently, there is not special upgrade pricing, but we are asking permission of Lockman again to offer this. But they have said this is considered a separate translation and not a mere update.  
  • This will be part of our Dec 1 sale.
  • The introductory discount will be greater that the 25% coupon currently available. 

I should also point out that while a competitor has advertised the NASB as a pre-pub, the pricing they are advertising makes me assume that it is without Strong's numbering and Hebrew/Greek dictionaries because they are offering it at a lower cost than the base royalty, and I doubt they are going to be selling it at a loss. We are not currently planning to offer a text without Strong's numbering because when given the choice, I can't imagine that most people would want this. 

• Like 7

Thank you for this update! I’m probably more excited than I should be.

• Like 2

In case you missed it, the NASB 2020 is now available, and the price is even better than I thought it would be. We've also updated our NAS Group bundle to include the 2020 edition and new updates to Spanish Bibles from the Lockman Foundation.

• Like 2

In case you missed it, the NASB 2020 is now available, and the price is even better than I thought it would be. We've also updated our NAS Group bundle to include the 2020 edition and new updates to Spanish Bibles from the Lockman Foundation.

Oh I have purchased the NASB 2020 without seeing there are also updates to the Spanish ones.

Many thank. It would be glad if other Bibles are also released in in Accordance in the same year as the are released from the publisher. I have some in my mind I'm still waiting for. 

• Like 2