New update 3.10

zcostilla

Thank you so much for allowing us to use all reference materials in the split panes! This was one huge multitasking issue that made sermon preparation much more challenging on my iPad Pro. 

However, my other big multitasking issue has still gone unanswered. Are there any plans to allow us to edit the note directly from the split pane in a manner that does not completely cover the primary pane? 

Having the ability to call up one verse within the note itself is only so helpful. When dealing with expository teaching, context is everything. Plus this gives the ability to search for cross references without having to go through a ton of extra steps to save the note, then close it (because it gets lost if you don’t save it first), then begin the search, find what you’re looking for, before having to all the way back to the note, hit edit, and then find where you were if multiple paragraphs, and continue.

While we’re on notes, how about an auto-save if the edit was open longer than 30 seconds? This would go a long way to minimize accidental deletions.

Edited to add I cannot open any actual maps without it covering the entire screen, the same way notes do when editing them :( .

Edited by zcostilla
  • Like 3

I am so excited for the new release! Thanks for making it happen than I expect (I posted to ask about it few days ago). 

while I am still testing it, and a bit disappointed by the news that we still can’t edit the note in the split pane, I am super happy to see my magic trackpad can hover over the word on the primary pane and it is highlighted with the second pane! Also the two fingers swipe is so convenient to return from the amplified window. I can wait to see what the new “TEXT” command in the search can introduce some new powerful features!

• Like 1

But why the instant detail not popped up when I hover over the text? I can’t double tap them to bring the instant detail like before. while I like to have triple tap to amplify the word. I am using the magic trackpad and expecting some bug fix on it. thanks

• Like 1