Cross Highlighting

maxfieldj88

I am attempting to run the Peshitta NT in tandem with an English translation. They are both "tagged" texts. My desire is that when I hover the cursor over a word in one, the corresponding word in the other will highlight simultaneously. I have no issue with this when I run, for example; the BHS with the LXX, and the NASB in the OT. I did have to download a separate program "Masoretic/Septuagint Parallel" in order for it to work. If anyone has information regarding this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance,     - Max

• Like 1

+1

I don’t know why Accordance limit this by purpose. I made a similar request earlier. But Helen was against it. For she the user had always the HMT open. But thats not the case.

BTW we need this for Accordance Mobile too, where it is not possible to open a 3rd pane!

So please give a „Yes“ to this request.

Edited by Fabian

The Peshitta is tagged with Syriac lexemes. The English is tagged with key numbers that correspond to Greek lexemes. The missing piece is something like the MT-LXX parallel that shows the mapping between Syriac words and Greek words in each verse. That doesn't exist: a scholar would have to create it. Oak Tree has built general word map functionality that I think could be used for this, but someone expert in Syriac and Greek still has to produce the data.