NET 2nd ed with Strong's incorrectly Amplifies

Iconoclaste

So when amplifying from the NET 2nd ed. with Strong's to Mounce Greek Dictionary from the New Testament, or to Kohlenberger/Mounce Hebrew from the Old Testament, the amplify should run a search for the key number. This is how the NASB works with the NAS dictionaries and how the ESV works with the Mounce Greek and K/M Hebrew dictionaries. When amplifying from a keyed word in a keyed text to that keyed text's key number dictionary, Accordance by default searches for the key number. For some reason, it is not doing so with Net 2nd ed w/ Strongs.

Hmm, I confirm your observations. The only way I am able to triple click to a dictionary with NET 2nd edition, is to check 'Override Key Number dictionaries' in the Amplify Settings. It is behaving as if a special dictionary were assigned to NET 2nd edition as is done with KJVS and NAS95S, and it is not able to find the linked dictionary.

Of course, checking the override box limits all triple clicks to the same dictionaries that you assign in the override section. This may be your best choice until this quirk of the NET 2nd edition is addressed.

This is a good catch,

—Joseph

Yeah, NET 2nd ed. is definitely not working as expected. We'll release a fix asap.

• Like 3

We've just released an update to NET 2nd ed. (version 4.4) that fixes the amplify issue. Thanks for your patience!

• Like 3

We've just released an update to NET 2nd ed. (version 4.4) that fixes the amplify issue. Thanks for your patience!

That's pretty quick turnaround if I say so myself!

• Like 4