Contextual Menu Amplify to Parallel

Iconoclaste

This may not be considered a bug, but since it makes no sense to me and is probably easy to improve, let's call it a bug. 

The Contextual Menu amplify from a text has a sub-menu called “Look Up”, when I select “Parallels”. Whenever I look up parallels from a text in the Bible I know is contained in one of the Parallels modules, such as Genesis 1:27 (OT in the NT parallels), I hear an error beep and nothing else happens. 

Only when I look up to a Parallels from the Pauline epistles does this feature work because “Look Up” > “Parallels” only looks for parallels in that module, not in the others. This is because NT Epistles Parallel is the first one in my Library order. If I change the first place in the Parallels library order to OT in the NT parallels then, that one becomes the new parallel that is the only one that works from the contextual menu. 

This makes no sense. When I amplify from the contextual menu to “Dictionary”, Accordance searches through all of my dictionaries until it finds a result. “Look Up” to “Parallels” should work the same way. Otherwise it has no purpose if I can't also look up parallels in the Gospels and in the OT and between the OT and NT. There is no purpose to having “Parallels” in the “Look Up” sub-menu of the contextual menu in a text pane if it limits the parallel modules it searches to only one. 

• Like 1

To me, this does indeed look like a bug.  I'll look into it.