Can't open a particular paper on iOS

Tim Hall

So, I was getting ready to go over my sermon for this coming Sunday and ran into the issue that I cannot open up the paper for the sermon for his Sunday. I can open it on my Mac. I can open up all other papers, but not this one file. So I don't know if its a bug, user error, or what.

I am unable to open on the production version (on my iPad) or on the latest Beta version (on my iPhone X). ... so i have a workaround for Sunday, but wanted to let the developers know in case it is a bug. It was originally named Johan1.01–16, but I changed the name to Jonah 1.1–16, in hopes it would solve the problem ... it did not.

I have attached a zipped copy of the paper.

Jonah 1.1–16.apaper.zip

• 3 weeks later...

So this happened again with a different paper. I was eventually able to make it work, but it was not an easy process.

Jonah 4 did not want to open on iOS and froze up the app both production and beta

Jonah 4.2 was made by whole copying Jonah 4 and pasting it in one action, same thing happened as with Jonah 4 froze  up the app both production and beta

Jonah 4.3 was made by copying and pasting the individual sections (from Jonah 4.2) of the paper (except after the Summary, those sections were copied together from Jonah 4.2 & pasted together into Jonah 4.3)

Jonah 4.3 opens on both production and beta with no issues. One thing that might be happening is that the items after the Summary in Jonah 4 were pasted from OneNote.

I have attached all three files to help. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jonah 4.apaper.zip

Jonah 4.2.apaper.zip

Jonah 4.3.apaper.zip

Hi Tim!  Thanks for the report, and for helping track down this bug.  It looks like, when opening from the Library, if one of the bibliographic references in your tool isn't found in the mobile iOS's library, then it doesn't open the paper.  This bug has now been fixed for the next release!  As a workaround in the meantime, you can either:

1) Install any tools referenced in the bibliography section.

2) Open another paper first that works, then switch to the paper in question by tapping on the top title.  This seems to get around the issue.

• Like 1

Thanks Joel. That makes sense. I will admit I was mystified. You guys are amazing!!

• Like 1