True to Our Native Land: An African American New Testament Commentary

nate62

I would like to request True to Our Native Land: An African American New Testament Commentary

Publisher: Fortress Press

Why: Does Accordance offer any modules of commentaries written by African Americans? This seems like a good, general place to start.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I would like to request True to Our Native Land: An African American New Testament Commentary

Publisher: Fortress Press

Why: Does Accordance offer any modules of commentaries written by African Americans? This seems like a good, general place to start.

I'm checking to see if we can get this title. 

We do have titles written by African Americans, but I don't have an exhaustive list because book info doesn't usually come with that kind of information. 

In addition to Frederick Douglass, mentioned above, check out other authors of African lineage, such as...

Conrad Mbewe, Pastoral Preaching: Building a People for God

Thabiti M. Anyabwile, The Faithful Preacher: Recapturing the Vision of Three Pioneering African-American Pastors

Anthony J. Carter, Experiencing the Truth: Bringing the Reformation to the African-American Church

Anthony B. Bradley, Liberating Black Theology: The Bible and the Black Experience in America

Wil Gafney, Wisdom Commentary (Vol. 38): Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah

• 5 months later...

I'm checking to see if we can get this title. 

We do have titles written by African Americans, but I don't have an exhaustive list because book info doesn't usually come with that kind of information. 

In addition to Frederick Douglass, mentioned above, check out other authors of African lineage, such as...

Conrad Mbewe, Pastoral Preaching: Building a People for God

Thabiti M. Anyabwile, The Faithful Preacher: Recapturing the Vision of Three Pioneering African-American Pastors

Anthony J. Carter, Experiencing the Truth: Bringing the Reformation to the African-American Church

Anthony B. Bradley, Liberating Black Theology: The Bible and the Black Experience in America

Wil Gafney, Wisdom Commentary (Vol. 38): Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah

Is there any update on this title?

• Like 1

We're currently in negotiations with Fortress press for this title and many others.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

Thank you R. Mansfield and Mark Allison for your work in getting True to Our Native Land: An African American New Testament Commentary into Accordance!

While I appreciate the links to works by Black authors and those of African lineage, my point was regarding commentaries. There are many excellent Bible commentaries written from Black perspectives, all strangely absent from Accordance. 

I mentioned the above resource as a starting point. Resources like the Acts commentary by Willie James Jennings in the Belief: A Theological Commentary on the Bible series by Westminster John Knox Press would be a second step. 

Again, thank you all for your contributions to this discussion!

• Like 2