Thanks for the update, but many things left undone

zcostilla

I know you all have been working hard, and there’s a lot of improved functionality with the new update. Thank you for your hard work! I genuinely mean that. But those efforts seem to be geared mostly to those using external keyboards and pens. There are a lot of simple things involving parallel panes that have not been addressed.

1. We still cannot search in a secondary pane, meaning any search we want to make while reading/studying pulls us away from the primary text we were in, which is distracting and sometimes causes a loss of focus

2. There is still no way to edit notes in the secondary pane. Any attempt to edit a note completely blocks the primary pane, requiring work to be done from memory, or else saving the note incomplete, and then reopening it to continue it. sometimes I have to do this three or four times if in deep study.

3. Still no support for non-text modules in a second pane. I am unable to use the map sampler (would by the whole atlas of it worked on iOS) in the second pane. I use Wilmington’s Guide for historical context and some book outlining, but cannot use it in a second pane. 
4. I still cannot fully define how I want book names to appear. I prefer the non abbreviation title (i.e. Daniel instead of Dan.) This is more important when copying and pasting than just reading.

5. We still cannot choose the order the how we want interlinear tests/parts of speech to appear. I can choose the ones I want to view, but having a syntax or part of speech above a text translations is not preferable when making student notes.
6. And it would be great if there was Siri support for something as simple as a daily devotion plan in the primary text set by the user.

This is still the best bible app out there for me... but it could be so much more. I’m glad to have it and don’t regret buying it. But as much as I don’t want to have to use my Mac for sermon prep, I still sometimes have no other choice. 

Edited by zcostilla
  • Like 2

Plus we cannot navigate to where we are when looking through maps/ images. Still taken back to where we entered the images.

and there is still an inconsistency in changing tools. When just in a tool, we can easily change it to another tool in the same category. But if we have a tool in the second pane, we are taken to the root tool folder and have to scroll. I know i am mixing tools but for a real life example

i have a commentary open on its own, changing commentaries, i am still in the commentary folder so its easy. 
if i have a study bible open in the second pane and want to change it, i am taken to my root folder and have to scroll down to study bible folder and the the study bible. 

as you know, some of us are never satisfied but little things like this would make our job easier. Even so, we appreciate it and have given a five star review!

and thank you for making it easier to switch between links. That is super helpful and was super fast!!!!!!

;o) 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 3

Don't worry, while this (dot) update was a while coming, we're working on many more actually major features.  3.0.9 was mainly a bug fix/stability release while we continue the bigger development.  There may even be a 3.0.10+, depending on how much longer till the next major release.  Thanks for the continued support and requests!

I did want to remind you, zcostilla, regarding (2), that you can tap the verse reference in the notes edit window to see the text for which you are adding a note.

• Like 6

Don't worry, while this (dot) update was a while coming, we're working on many more actually major features.  3.0.9 was mainly a bug fix/stability release while we continue the bigger development.  There may even be a 3.0.10+, depending on how much longer till the next major release.  Thanks for the continued support and requests!

I did want to remind you, zcostilla, regarding (2), that you can tap the verse reference in the notes edit window to see the text for which you are adding a note.

Yes, that gives me the single verse text, but it misses the context of the entire passage. I have two notes files, one for observations on verses, and one just for sermon outlines. Without the full context, I still have to go back and forth if I want to use my iPad. And if I want to cross reference another passage, it gets even more complicated.

Zac

Edited by zcostilla

• 2 weeks later...

any little detail about what 4.0 will bring to sooth our curiosity?

• Like 1

any little detail about what 4.0 will bring to sooth our curiosity?

hopefully the ability to use references in a second pane while keeping text in the primary, and the ability to edit notes within the pane without covering the text, and the ability to do independent searches for each pane. Hopefully...

• Like 1