Where are the suffixes?

דוד בן משה

Go to Hebrew Bible (Biblia Hebraica) Tagged → Show Interlinear.

The interlinear treats every single word except suffixes. It's like they don't exist. How can this be fixed?

post-36211-0-89466100-1592834251_thumb.png

There are two kind of Interlinear. One several different Bibles as interlinear. Second the one you open now, it explains the words. For example: LEX, this explains the lexeme, the suffix doesn't belong to the lexeme. Otherwise it wouldn't called suffix.

What you want would be two other rows, one for the suffix. And one for the transliteration for the suffix.  

The tag is given in english with the suffix information. (otherwise the tag would be incorrect.)

The other rows don't need an entry for the suffix.

This is my explaining, but I'm sure you are on a higher level in Hebrew than me.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Right now, the interlinear works on the lexical form of a word.  Suffixes don't have a lexical form, so there is no information.  However, I think we may be able to make an exception for Hebrew Suffixes and improve this in the future.  Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

Thank you Joel, it's good to see you recognize the problem. The suffixes are legitimate words (morphemes) so the interlinear is missing about 50,000 words, rendering it somewhat obsolete for my beginner students. Can you please post here or contact me if/when this is corrected? 

• Like 1

I recommend you ensure that automatic App Updates are available (Preferences -> Updates), and then you should see it in the release notes once we've made the change.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm not sure if posting on this thread will get a response but a student showed me that BibleHub's interlinear feature parses the suffixes, unlike the Accordance interlinear. I believe Biblehub is using Westminster, correct? Is there something they have that can be added to Accordance? My students definitely want this feature. Here's a screenshot with two examples. Thanks in advance. https://biblehub.com/interlinear/genesis/30-1.htm  

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 4.35.05 PM.png

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, דוד בן משה said:

I'm not sure if posting on this thread will get a response but a student showed me that BibleHub's interlinear feature parses the suffixes, unlike the Accordance interlinear. I believe Biblehub is using Westminster, correct? Is there something they have that can be added to Accordance? My students definitely want this feature. Here's a screenshot with two examples. Thanks in advance. https://biblehub.com/interlinear/genesis/30-1.htm  

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 4.35.05 PM.png

There are there in Accordance, just hold the hover-over over the suffix.

243171677_Bildschirmfoto2021-07-26um23_49_43.thumb.png.4189f8c7fd914c8a8340de72095a5165.png

• Like 1

Correct, they are parsed in the instant details but they are not parsed in the interlinear (see the first picture above in this thread). Unless you know when to look in the instant details, meaning you aren't a beginner, they can be easily missed. Can they be added?

• Like 1