What has been updated in "Biblical Archaeology Review" (BAR)? v. 1.3

TYA

Great day.  I currently have "Biblical Archaeology Review" (BAR) v. 1.2 and I see an update to v. 1.3 that is nearly 1GB in size.  Can someone please advise what has been updated?  Specifically, I mean, was new content added that constitutes this 1GB increase in size?

Thank you.

I am always of the impression that Accordance does not do incremental updates. 

Meaning that a small change will result in a full download of a new version of the resource.

I am always of the impression that Accordance does not do incremental updates. 

Meaning that a small change will result in a full download of a new version of the resource.

Correct. When a module is updated, even if the change is very minor, the entire module is re-downloaded. However, with large modules like BAR, we try to save corrections until they reach a critical mass that makes it worth downloading a file of that size. In this case, there were miscellaneous spelling and formatting corrections, and a lot of references that had been untagged are now functional hyperlinks.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 4

Hello

One thing I noticed in this module was how blurry the text and pictures are.

Especially the black and white photos. Very difficult to read the text.

These problems need to be corrected too.

Thanks

rg

Hello

One thing I noticed in this module was how blurry the text and pictures are.

Especially the black and white photos. Very difficult to read the text.

These problems need to be corrected too.

Thanks

rg

Sadly, that's not something we can fix. These are the best images available from the publisher.

But the caption for the images seem to have dropped a couple of lines and don't always show now - plus the font is tiny - is that something which could be improved

post-29557-0-48067200-1592855194_thumb.png

• Like 1

Mark, on this note about BAR, any plans to update it through 2020?

• Like 1

But the caption for the images seem to have dropped a couple of lines and don't always show now - plus the font is tiny - is that something which could be improved

I can confirm my pic has the same resolution as yours. I'm on a big monitor (Windows desktop 28" screen); none of my pics have captions. I made images full screen and separate zone and never do I see a caption. I looked at images in other visual resources I have and no captions there, either. 

Sadly, that's not something we can fix. These are the best images available from the publisher.

OK Mark Thanks for your help

• 7 months later...

Bumping this question / request:

"Mark, on this note about BAR, any plans to update it through 2020?"

• Like 1

I read last year that we would soon be getting more journals, but I haven’t seen anything yet.  Also more Spanish resources.  Any update on these two claims?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TYA said:

It's not on our current development list, but I've just sent a request to the Biblical Archaeology Society for updated content. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Allison said:

It's not on our current development list, but I've just sent a request to the Biblical Archaeology Society for updated content. 

hi Mark

Just a side observation... I looked at the BAR page in the store and the screen shots showing the product were of very low (read unusable) resolution.

I then checked the links for the "release announcement" and the links there for screenshots show "404 - Page not found".

I then tried the "see an extensive review in the original BAR release" only to see the "404 - Page not found".

Not complaining .... just letting you know what I am seeing when trying to find out more information for a potential purchase.

thanks

John

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dataduffy said:

hi Mark

Just a side observation... I looked at the BAR page in the store and the screen shots showing the product were of very low (read unusable) resolution.

I then checked the links for the "release announcement" and the links there for screenshots show "404 - Page not found".

I then tried the "see an extensive review in the original BAR release" only to see the "404 - Page not found".

Not complaining .... just letting you know what I am seeing when trying to find out more information for a potential purchase.

thanks

John

Thanks for the heads-up John! We'll get that fixed asap.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dataduffy said:

hi Mark

thanks

John

There are a lot of links that not work anymore in the Accordance store. I guess it would be good someone of the Accordance team takes 2 days to check your links.

Just now, Fabian said:

There are a lot of links that not work anymore in the Accordance store. I guess it would be good someone of the Accordance team takes 2 days to check your links.

Yes, there are a lot of broken links. We're fixing them as quickly as we can. If anyone finds some, please let us know and we'll fix them asap.

3 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

Yes, there are a lot of broken links. We're fixing them as quickly as we can. If anyone finds some, please let us know and we'll fix them asap.

I have done so a few times.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fabian said:

I have done so a few times.

Send them directly to me at mark@accordancebible.com and I'll try to make sure they're expedited. 

• Like 1