First verse of new chapter font.

Dataduffy

Just a suggestion.

When scrolling through a text on the ipad or iphone, it can be difficult at times to see chapter breaks. 

It may be nice to be able to set the font size and/or colour of the first verse reference of each chapter/book differently.

I know we can go to look up and enter the exact verse, but when scanning through the text reasonably locally to where I am at, I would find it helpful to visually see the new chapter reference stick out better as I enthusiastically scroll through. :D

Just another nice to have.

john

• Like 3

Why limit this to iOS or mobile devices? I find it difficult on my desktop :) I would love some kind of visual indicator option to show book & chapter that I can turn on or off, maybe something in the margins, maybe something across the top where the resource title/drop-down is. But it definitely adds strain to my eyes looking at the verse references as often as I do to know where I am. I would love to see this.

• Like 3

John, just checking you have found and experimented with the text layout options.

I found adding space helps while you wait for other changes to be implemented.

Also having the reference font and colour set to something that contrasts also helps make it stand out. 

post-31185-0-67565800-1592330234_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

Hi Fraser

Thanks for pointing that out, and I did revisit those settings after your suggestion. I do have the references in a different colour and font to have them stand out as much as possible, without being too distracting while reading. On the phone I have text set as paragraph to save screen real estate, and on the iPad Pro I have paragraph with spaces. However it would really be good to have something like Drewster suggested with something that can be switched on and off. I just think a different colour (and font size?) on the first verse reference of a new chapter would go a long way to improve navigation.

Anyway, for me it is a nice to have.

The ability of having a fully independent second (and 3rd, and 4th  :D ) panes that can load any resource regardless of what is in the first pane, remains my number one “need to have”.

Previously I thought I needed the function of running two instances side by side in iPadOS, but I really don’t agree with that now. Apart from copying across between instances, I am not sure what advantage this gives.

More panes in a single occurrence of the program, for me, that can be connected together would be the best solution.

Thanks

John

Something like these are what I had in mind. I want my verse references formatted in such a way as to not interfere with my text reading; however, I encounter too much eye strain trying to keep track of what book & chapter I'm in. Open to suggestions on changing my format.

I think having book & chapter clearly and always visible -- 1 line, vertical or horizontal at top -- would definitely help these poor ol' eyes. 

Cheers!

post-35562-0-89620300-1592374678_thumb.jpg

post-35562-0-28439000-1592374687_thumb.jpg

post-35562-0-45709300-1592374698_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The ability of having a fully independent second (and 3rd, and 4th  :D ) panes that can load any resource regardless of what is in the first pane, remains my number one “need to have”.

Singing from the same hymn sheet!

;o) 

• Like 2

Singing from the same hymn sheet!

;o) 

+100

• Like 1