Read me information Pseudepigrapha

Jan Klein

Hello, 

I want to look at Messiah expectation in the intertestamentary period.

In the Read-me I see which texts are all in Pseudo-E, but no further information about dating and origin. Can someone please tell me if that is somewhere to be found within Accordance?

with kind regards, Jan Klein

I don't believe there's a list of dates for the titles in this module. Charlesworth's OT Pseudepigrapha would also be an excellent source for dates. And you can always search in various dictionaries in Accordance. Also don't forget the new amplify to website feature in Accordance 13.1.x. You can search directly from Accordance to a site like Wikipedia. 

Screen%20Shot%202020-06-12%20at%201.05.2

• Like 2

Thank you, Rick, helpful suggestion re amplifying to a website! Is the list of Websites editable? I checked Preferences and My Stuff and didn't see a place to edit. And the list of websites is editable! Cool. In Preferences I searched web and found the item: External Websites. Hidden right there in front of me. Cheers!

• Like 1

Thank you, Rick, helpful suggestion re amplifying to a website! Is the list of Websites editable? I checked Preferences and My Stuff and didn't see a place to edit. And the list of websites is editable! Cool. In Preferences I searched web and found the item: External Websites. Hidden right there in front of me. Cheers!

Yes, that's a brand new feature in 13.1!

• Like 1

Accordance 13.1.1

Windows 10

1) I don't see the label "website" when I pull down the amplify menu.  I only see "website" option when I right click.

2) How do I link from amplify to a pdf file on my computer?

• Like 1

Accordance 13.1.1

Windows 10

1) I don't see the label "website" when I pull down the amplify menu.  I only see "website" option when I right click.

2) How do I link from amplify to a pdf file on my computer?

Hello Gordon

1) second on the bottom

2) open the PDF in the Webbrowser. Copy the file path in the address bar. Go to Accordance Preferences, Externes Websites, press + to create a new entry and paste the address in. 

Unfortunately I don't have found out how the search is automatic running. Maybe this needs some improvements from Accordance. This website mentioned how to search in different PDFs at the same time. https://praxistipps.chip.de/mehrere-pdf-dokumente-durchsuchen-so-gehts_35302

Edited by Fabian

Hmm. Maybe  a Windows bug. On the Mac it is there. Have you started Accordance new?

Greetings

Fabian

I can confirm -- on Windows 10, Accordance 13.1.1 -- that 'Website' does not appear on the Amplify menu when a word in a bible text is selected, and 'Website' does appear 2nd from the bottom in the Amplify drop-down button in the Ribbon/toolbar.

post-35562-0-44652600-1592237616_thumb.png

post-35562-0-83004400-1592237624_thumb.png

Edited by Drewster

I can confirm -- on Windows 10, Accordance 13.1.1 -- that 'Website' does not appear on the Amplify menu when a word in a bible text is selected, and 'Website' does appear 2nd from the bottom in the Amplify drop-down button in the Ribbon/toolbar.

Thanks for the heads-up. This bug will be fixed in 13.1.2.

• Like 1

Charlesworth's OT Pseudepigrapha would also be an excellent source for dates.

Hi Rick, could you compare the resource you mention with 'Old Testament Pseudepigrapha, More Noncanonical Scriptures: Volume One' (https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Pseudepigrapha-Bauckham)? What does one include that the other doesn't? From the product descriptions I can't tell. 

Right now I don't see a need for original language, so I would be inclined towards 'Pseudepigrapha (New English)' (https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=PSEUD-E), but again I don't know how to compare what it has with the Bauckham resource. 

Thank you for any help or guidance you can provide! Cheers.

• Like 2

I don't believe there's a list of dates for the titles in this module. Charlesworth's OT Pseudepigrapha would also be an excellent source for dates. And you can always search in various dictionaries in Accordance. Also don't forget the new amplify to website feature in Accordance 13.1.x. You can search directly from Accordance to a site like Wikipedia. 

Screen%20Shot%202020-06-12%20at%201.05.2

Hi Rick, Thank you for referring to Charlesworth's OT Pseudepigrapha! 

For now I copy paste the informatie from different websites and other sources in my notes next to the titles. Cost tons of time but it will remain after I close the Read me file. 

greetings Jan

• Like 2