Dark mode changing orientation.

Dataduffy

I spotted this when the app was screen sharing with another app, but noticed today that it does it with full screen as well.

While the app is displaying Left and Right panes, change iOS to dark mode. This results in the app switching the orientation of the panes to top / bottom.

Attached pics are before and after switching to dark mode without touching anything else.

You can see that the orientation symbol when in dark mode still shows it as it would be, if it were still in Left/Right orientation.

First time clicking rectifies the symbol to match the top/bottom orientation. A second click will then change the panes to Left/ Right orientation as would be expected.

Note, then changing it from Dark mode to light, sees the same effect. Etc.

Build 3.0.8.12349

Thanks

John

post-34457-0-55383900-1591444904_thumb.png

post-34457-0-98136600-1591444952_thumb.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Data, I'm not seeing this in the latest build.  When I change from light to dark, the orientation stays as is.  You weren't physically changing the orientation when making the dark/light change?  Perhaps this has also been fixed in 3.0.9.

Hi Joel

It still does it, 100% repeatable. No, I am not changing the orientation of the device at all. (Device in landscape with keyboard.)

I am currently on 3.0.9 (Build 3.0.8.12510 which i think is the latest.)

Start in dark mode with horizontal panes. Switch to light mode and the panes flip to vertical.

I have taken a screen recording showing the issue, but the website will not let me add that file type. If you can send me a PM with an email address, I will happily forward it to you so it is clear.

As a side note, i have also submitted reports with the in-app beta feedback. Are these getting through, as there are other minor bugs that i have reported.

thanks

John

John, I did not get any of your beta feedback. How did you submit it? I’ve received feedback from other testers, so I think the system is working.

John, I did not get any of your beta feedback. How did you submit it? I’ve received feedback from other testers, so I think the system is working.

I was submitting it within the app.

Taking the screen shot and then selecting beta feedback.

post-34457-0-34882400-1593672292_thumb.jpeg

I’ll write a list of the issues later and post them here.

Thanks

John

Good news - I have found both the orientation bug, *and* all of your missing testflight feedback!

• Like 2

Good news - I have found both the orientation bug, *and* all of your missing testflight feedback!

Great, 

thanks Joel,

john

This is good news. I've been having orientation issues too but haven't found a reproducible sequence. I notice it most often when using Accordance in split screen with my note taking app on the other side. Hopefully Joel's fix will solve that too. :) 

Hi Joel,

3.0.9 Build 3.0.8.12542 fixes the issue with dark mode changing the orientation.

I’ve tried it every which way I can, and it seems very stable.

Just letting you know.

Thanks

John

• Like 1

Great! Thanks for the confirmation. Wasn’t a complicated fix, but finding it was a bit of a pain.

• Like 1