How to search word in multiple resources like lexicon?

henryaukc

I saw that there is a “Search All” feature in the desktop version. Any easy method that we can do the similar on iOS? 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don’t believe that there is a universal search on the iOS version yet, like we have in the desktop version.

One feature that did make my searches in iOS quicker though, was to use the selector for the module in the top left when in the search window. Rather than going to your library to open another resource to search and then going to the search window again, you can select a different module to perform the search on, from within the search window.

(This is limited to Texts when in a text, and tools when in a tool)

I found this quite quick when I wanted to repeat the same search but on a different module. Just change the module selected and hit enter.

I know this is not the same as a search all, but maybe is of some help. Certainly with using a keyboard and mouse together with the shortcuts I can run through repeated searches quite quickly.

Hopefully a “search all” will be on the list for the developers. :)

John 

post-34457-0-89558800-1590467629_thumb.jpeg

Edited by dataduffy

Not as elegant as above but are you aware of search history?

again not search all lexicons but in ios

if you run a search in your lexicon, click title to change lexicon, and in search bar, the first icon, a bit like a clock with an arrow round it will list your searches this session so you can re run it moderately quickly in your different lexicons. 

this helps if you want to go back to an earlier search. 

post-31185-0-36653400-1590474735_thumb.jpeg

post-31185-0-81598200-1590474745_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

Thanks All. Hopefully we can have the “search all” feature soon on iOS.

Hopefully a “search all” will be on the list for the developers. :)

Oh, it's there. Can't say when, but we'll get there. :D

• Like 3