"Clear Highlighted Hits" not working

TYA

Am I doing something wrong, or misunderstanding something?  I can't remove the hit highlights from this search (see attached).

post-35231-0-11631000-1589738370_thumb.jpg

Why is this a highlight and not just a hit? Have you applied a highlight style to it? All I see is a hit in your example. . 

Hi Ken.  It is just a hit--not a highlight.  How do I remove the red "hit notification" so that the text is black, and I can copy it as black text out of Accordance?

Copy As—>Citation should do the trick.

Copy As—>Citation should do the trick.

I just want the word in red--not the whole verse.  Actually, to tell the truth, I wanted to take a screenshot of the word (not actually copy it), but I wanted it to be in black in the screenshot.  Isn't there a way to remove the red "hit" color once I have a list of results?

Edited by TYA

• 2 weeks later...

Two options come to mind:  

1. If you really want to get rid of the hit highlighting for good, go to "Set Text Pane Display" -> "Customize Theme", then set the "Search highlighting" style and color the same as the "Contents" style and color.  They should no longer be noticeably different in that pane.
  2. Select the verses you want to screenshot, Right Click -> Add Selection To -> New References List Tab.  This should add those verses to a new tab without any search.  You can even add more verses from a different search to the same tab later.
  • Like 2

Thanks Silas.  #2 seems like the easiest option.  But it would be nice to have an option to clear the "hit color" (or whatever the technical term is for it).

• Like 1