Analytics on a Reference List

vparunak

I'm interested in the plotting distribution of prepositional phrases in Hebrews referring to the Lord Jesus. The following search comes pretty close:

*@ [PREPOSITION] αυτος@ [PRONOUN masculine singular]  [range heb] 

But it includes a few cases where the pronoun refers to someone else. No problem: I load the verses I want into a reference list. But such a list doesn't count as a search, and analytics can't be invoked on it. So I open a text window in the text of my choice with the search command,

[CONTENTS myreferencelist]

All the verses I want show up there, but the hits count is 0, and analytics shows no hits.

So now I utter,

* <a> [CONTENTS myreferencelist]

Finally I have something I can analyze--but the unit of analysis is now the individual word, not the verse.

Is there a wildcard I can use instead of '*' that will hit once per VERSE instead of once per WORD?

Alternatively, is there a way to edit the results of a search to remove selected items, and then do analytics on what's left?

Perhaps someday Accordance will let me do a csv dump of the sequence numbers of my original hits, along with sequence numbers of the first and last words in each verse so I could align them. Then I can easily edit my hits and plot them outside of Accordance (something I could do with the secret Bibleworks 'scatter' command). Meanwhile, what incantation can I use here?

* <AND> [CONTENTS ... ] will select every word in each verse in the reference list and count all those hits.

I am not quite sure what you mean by "will hit once per VERSE instead of once per WORD". You original query highlight twice per verse because there are two terms in the query. If you are trying to count occurrences of the phrase then you can just link to the original search and constrain it to the CONTENTS of the reference list. I've done a quick example below:

post-32023-0-62899200-1589462459_thumb.jpg

If that isn't what you want ping back with more details.

Thx

D

To only get one hit per verse, use this search:

[FIELD BEGIN] * [CONTENTS myreferencelist