Open from Info Pane without tying tabs

JonathanHuber

I use the Info Pane a lot and really like being able to Cmd+click a tool to open it in a new tab. Currently, the tab that opens is automatically tied to the original tab. Shift+Cmd+click does the same thing.

Is there a way to change the behavior so Shift+Cmd+Click opens to the same location but the tab is not tied? I would like to be able to scroll in the newly opened tab without changing the position of the original tab.

• Like 5

I have the same question Jonathan. ;)

Jonathan, it seems that any new tab created has 'tabs ties' on by default.  It looks as if the only way to scroll without moving the text is to manually untie the tab.  Someone else may have an alternative solution

This works:

Press Command and you can scroll without untie (Parallel view).  

This works not:

Unfortunately to press Command doesn't untie, if the commentary has its own pane.

And yes to Shift-Command-Click to open it as untied would be great too. 

So now actually two requests from my side.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Re-upping this. This is the single best thing that would improve the way I interact with Accordance on a day-to-day basis. Please add this function.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I affirm Jonathan's statement. I actually think I remember a time in the past when the cmd-click on the commentary icon in the Info Pane opened the commentary in a new tab and it was not tied to anything.

—Joseph

• Like 1