Best durability and performance boost techie solutions (not the mainstream consumer desktop), and the dilemma of everythin gradually going 64-bit Linu

As much as I hate to break in with digresses, I must say that I find it increasingly difficult to find a setup which can install the majority of my books or for me to technology-wise partake in classes - speaking of the books I care about and classes which require audio and then often even webcam.

Since I know a post like this can be both boring and not getting the core of the matter, I'll just briefly list things:
First of all: ZFS file system (which makes dual boot not possible to set up), overprovisioning. If You knew nothing about it, boy have You missed out! I've been making jumps onto this bleeding edge since Decades. Read up!
Plenty of RAM. Mirroring of it and ECC or even RDIMM. Finally bluescreens are a distant memory. I'd say 64-96 GB of DDR3 or DDR4 is the sweet spot where You can FINALLY get down to business, exact amount depends on the number of cores - go with 16 or 32 GB modules and high performance mode configuration (meaning: Use brand new unopened large set identical sticks and the same number of modules as cores). The above requires that and requires the below (I think, correct me if it doesn't require these two):
LSI, HBA-mode.

Look for 1 GB RAM equipped RAID controllers.

How do You find use for fast disk access and lots of RAM? Two words: Web-browsing on a workstation or server, and the cheapness of Enterprise class SAS SSD:s and 15k rpm HDD:s (the latter 600 GB disks have the interface 12 Gigabit per second).
ZFS pretty much requires a decent RAID card (I consider just installing an extra fan there), six-core, and Enterprise disks (doesn't have to be the fastest - You can scale down to Your needs and use); 

The why, anyway? Well it MAKES You want to research, Firefox can be set to determine by how much RAM You have available, to use as much as possible.
Set virtual memory to a small amount in a RAMdisk, to spare a bit of load that otherwise is on the RAID controller.
You can't count on getting to defragment regularly and SSD:s don't load large files as fast as those 600 GB HDD:s, so don't go overboard with storing anything and everything and creating enormous files of little use compares to their size!

The only point where You get no return for this is where You use consumer grade parts, non-Linux compatible graphic-cards, proprietary Mac systems, NAS (don't buy!), or forget to buy some extenders for keyb/mouse/monitors to distance Yourself from the added redundancy fans.

Hints: Servers will usually only be AOK with PCIe 2.0 x8 or perhaps x16, half size, GeForce GT 710 GPU (several manufacturers 2015-2018) AND require two processor sockets to be mounted with identical processors. Few exceptions. Fanless is to be preferred because You may forget to clean it from dust every once in a while or forget to monitor temperatures. Not advisable to have more than 30 degrees Celcius room temperature or to live in blocks with unreliable power grid.

As much as I hate to break in with digresses, I must say that I find it increasingly difficult to find a setup which can install the majority of my books or for me to technology-wise partake in classes - speaking of the books I care about and classes which require audio and then often even webcam.

Since I know a post like this can be both boring and not getting the core of the matter, I'll just briefly list things:

First of all: ZFS file system (which makes dual boot not possible to set up), overprovisioning. If You knew nothing about it, boy have You missed out! I've been making jumps onto this bleeding edge since Decades. Read up!

Plenty of RAM. Mirroring of it and ECC or even RDIMM. Finally bluescreens are a distant memory. I'd say 64-96 GB of DDR3 or DDR4 is the sweet spot where You can FINALLY get down to business, exact amount depends on the number of cores - go with 16 or 32 GB modules and high performance mode configuration (meaning: Use brand new unopened large set identical sticks and the same number of modules as cores). The above requires that and requires the below (I think, correct me if it doesn't require these two):

LSI, HBA-mode.

Look for 1 GB RAM equipped RAID controllers.

How do You find use for fast disk access and lots of RAM? Two words: Web-browsing on a workstation or server, and the cheapness of Enterprise class SAS SSD:s and 15k rpm HDD:s (the latter 600 GB disks have the interface 12 Gigabit per second).

ZFS pretty much requires a decent RAID card (I consider just installing an extra fan there), six-core, and Enterprise disks (doesn't have to be the fastest - You can scale down to Your needs and use); as well as SUSE 15. Try out installing the latter on a ZFS partition! It's a given that You realise the Enterprise Edition is for fairly complex high-performance professional systems AND in itself requires for boot much more RAM than the conventional and mainstream OS:s.

The why, anyway? Well it MAKES You want to research, Firefox can be set to determine by how much RAM You have available, to use as much as possible.

Set virtual memory to a small amount in a RAMdisk, to spare a bit of load that otherwise is on the RAID controller.

You can't count on getting to defragment regularly and SSD:s don't load large files as fast as those 600 GB HDD:s, so don't go overboard with storing anything and everything and creating enormous files of little use compares to their size!

The only point where You get no return for this is where You use consumer grade parts, non-Linux compatible graphic-cards, proprietary Mac systems, NAS (don't buy!), or forget to buy some extenders for keyb/mouse/monitors to distance Yourself from the added redundancy fans.

Hints: Servers will usually only be AOK with PCIe 2.0 x8 or perhaps x16, half size, GeForce GT 710 GPU (several manufacturers 2015-2018) AND require two processor sockets to be mounted with identical processors. Few exceptions. Fanless is to be preferred because You may forget to clean it from dust every once in a while or forget to monitor temperatures. Not advisable to have more than 30 degrees Celcius room temperature or to live in blocks with unreliable power grid.

Am I doomed to not getting to install through WINE, or having to resort to Virtual Machine, to run Accordance on 64-bit-only Linux? Speaking of versions 10-11.

What I don't have: Games (of course, that isn't even installable and hasn't been on anything I've had and I've NEVER cared), audio, the need to pay Microsoft, the feel of splashing out (I've been more or less without internet for a lifetime and have used underpowered computers perpetually). I'm not sure if I want even a webcam if missionaries aren't satisfied to with the combo of talking by text and seeing each other's faces; as well as a normal desk-to-desk analog phone conversation every once in a blue moon.

If You go rack-servers there is more balanced systems to choose from: That have adequate RAID-controllers from start, great mechanisian manuals, no cheesy constraints in what memory it takes and how it uses it, no problems finding a suitable OS

Unix, 

This sounds great!  But what does all this mean regarding Accordance?  

I'm fed up with having systems sag down under long/extended and unwieldy work sessions and unorganised files and falling laptops and low temperature damages to battery and keyboards.
Only drawback with the above, is that You aren't recommended to even accidentally or to attempt to, to hibernate, something that Windows 10 on the other hand does both periodically and also does automatically since a recent update EVEN when You shutdown Windows so it's unavoidable under it.
Laptops aren't for poor people, and smartphones even less so. Have to squeeze the power that can come out of loose change a couple of largest denomination banknotes - either by taking them out of circulation completely or making the best investment, there is a choice now. I know macroeconomics and what each ones part is, I.e. every slice I can keep from spending on goods is account money balanced up i.e. money for good and in time taken out of circulation. Working against banks is what is everyone's main task, only that can keep the Billionares out of our doings and errands, otherwise they consume about an Eight of an entire society's means if we aren't all cancelling out each other's loans.

Hence desktops, can get more than than with arbitrary limits in a laptop. But consumer line products are too cheap to be quality and recent workstations are too expensive, so my key point is to find the optimal balance: 

As I'm stepping away from things and not having started Accordance since December 2019, I'm just wondering if anyone wants to discuss?

What do I do without my books?
Should I go rack or tower server? Or even: Give up for now to research?
I have no computer. The only one (Windows laptop) is in the computer workshop, done, and I have neither fully paid nor fetched it. I wouldn't need to. All my files are on it. I can leave what can be left if I would clearly say that I give up I could have my documents on a new SD card which I've never had, still inaccessible but existing.
I've put up with small monitors for three Decades and I'm not sure I can take it any longer.
I also realise how much everyone is held back in research and balanced performance by lack of lots of slow RAM and Microsoft showing anything they like down our throats without asking or because of popular feature and functionality demand. The forced hibernation was the last drop for me.
Does anyone here want to buy my business laptop at the workshop?
It has no softwares and has fresh parts, regularly hardware-maintained and of course maxed out and never had any softwares installed on it?

Should I entirely scrap the OP ideas and go no-computer because of cost? I"m at crossroads right now.

So can Accordance ever run without paying to Microsoft or not being able to copy-paste between OS:s? It's a question, I'd like to know. I'd like to adopt technology - i.e. ignore backward-compatibility. Hence the title.
I'd prefer to cut ties with what is holding back development - it's not an individual decision.
Every OS- and OS Edition- and license key purchase, is a CHOICE! I DON'T allow myself bad and perpetuated choices.

What I can alternatively do, is to learn crafts and stay away from writing and theory, and then in the book I'm authoring pride myself of having let go of drawing-desk and and hypothetical World focus and just speak to a large part about what I learned without internet, without books, and without relationship

Research - and I'd have a sustained relationship which was falling apart at IT solution arguments.
What I would need to, would be, ideally, to show that I can research i.e. now show that I'm in fact putting the 7,500 of my hours into that. For that I imagine I need to cut ties completely with paying to Microsoft since Windows GUI is a resource hog and NTFS doesn't make use of hardware provisioned to it.
Because a poor person cannot afford to let others have the good parts of the performance cycles and bytes that are possible to add.

So if I have broadened myself already above and beyond what Bible software and the few intriguing other accessible titles give after a long time passed now since the last time I fired up a software; can't I just at this crossroads take money out of circulation for good and forget about the enticing IT system? Or should I go for it and get a server meaning I will probably create all my content myself instead of citing (the fellow isn't interested broadly in what my owned books say)?
Mediocre systems don't cut it. I can't remember last time I didn't fill up memory, use up the memory or fan, can't remember not having walked crooked (the laptop IS heavy), and without waiting for memory loading or files scattered all over the country, and vehicles all over the county. You can imagine what a tiresome life I've had.
How do I cut loose from anything?
Shouldn't I be exercising outside especially since Summer is now at the doorstep, instead of hauling devices and just eating very healthy and consciously?
Bottom line: Is keeping money in circulation in the economy for multiple Months and to the tunes of 2,000 DEM, even worth it, by that the sacrifice OF the relief I could have, ... by doing nothing instead? My parents don't understand about anything about IT so it would be a Mother's Day gift to just say no to computers and web-browsing, since they don't see the value in having relationships based pretty much entirely on research. They aren't forking over more handfuls of largest ATM banknote cash since Yesterday that mum told me so. My hand aches from having typed this reply on the miniature.

Decisions - at least on my end. There's no neutral or middle-age out. Aged computers don't hold up well enough with Windows 10 Release 1809 even if paying Microsoft the reasonable Long Term Service Release license. Can't see the point paying more to Microsoft than a computer that belong in the junk that could be had just for Accordance is worth and I don't feel like buying any extra worn old laptops:

Unix, 
This sounds great!  But what does all this mean regarding Accordance?

• Like 1

(Saving some URL:s by posting this.)
Graphics cards can be had really cheap right now:
https://www.tradera.com/item/341372/398439151/3st-grafikkort-for-server-amd-nvidia
But I wannabe show all the definitely best server graphics card, maker EVGA: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=02G-P3-2717-KR
Dual DVI.

Also on another note: Earplugs cheap from closeouts (guaranteed to happen and selling on eBay): https://www.tradera.com/item/301805/396958481/oronproppar-bilsom-303s-10st-forpackningar-á-200-par
Muhammedans have moved in to the other side of the wall, floor or roof, now anyway, so could just as well do what is possible to keep them out of mind! (Such praying a lot more often than mandated).

There isn't much price difference between used:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192GB-12X16GB-DDR3-PC3L-12800R-ECC-Reg-Memory-RAM-Dell-A6996807-SNP20D6FC-16G/264538426759?epid=12024832145&hash=item3d97b80d87:g:0K4AAOSwclFd09Zg
and new RAM: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-128GB-8X16GB-PC3L-12800R-DDR3-1600Mhz-1-35V-240Pin-ECC-REG-Server-Memory/274051510322?hash=item3fcebe3032%3Ag%3AqE4AAOSw-a5dpCl3&LH_ItemCondition=3
Low voltage or not depends on how You were gonna use.

Invoice without any new credit check.
Problem with recent servers is they're still lacking proper graphics (can do nothing with on-board), not the price but in other words the incompleteness is the problem (I want disks according to my own taste so that isn't exactly part of the problem anyway, I want better than Business class disks): http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=143598448519&category=11211&pm=1&ds=0&t=1589160300762&cspheader=1
I have a coupon-code which I got from watching YouTube. That is a fair price. To most people in the US this would not appeal.

We've got VAT. Computers themselves are expensive here compared to the US. (Smaller) parts may come at some agreeable price-point off the state control.

Monitor: https://www.tradera.com/item/301824/397834355/dell-ultrasharp-3007wfp-30-skarm-med-2560-1600-upplosning-?itm_source=vip&itm_medium=more-from-category
Power supply makes a slight humming noise. Otherwise good. Cheap for one that size, would be a dream one. Far to fetch but that would be worth it. Just saw the ad. Auction closes in five hours from now, no takers. Should I build a computer around a monitor? That my mum might EVEN accept. I've whined about monitor real estate

I never make any hasty equipment purchases whether very electronic or not run by electricity at all.
So I've been reading for a while tonight about this cheap 30" monitor. It wasn't until I got to a skilled review that I got the truth. Colours are not accurate - and calibrating it is not exactly possible, even. It is also not possible to get down the brightness enough (which is the constantly tangible problem), as well as that compared to modern decent monitors - new monitors can as factory setting leave out part of the omission of the hazardous blue UV-light that comes from all flat monitors including smartphones and tablets. Additionally the great reliever measured the power consumption accurately, and I attach proof because it is unbeliavable: http://www.dansdata.com/quickshot041.htm with NOTHING on the screen, it is "off" it consumes 17 Watt in standby of which about three and a half Watts is due to using the USB gear or charging camera from a port and even after manually turning it "off" it consumes 1e Watts still!!
I wasn't surprised at all by the power-one dimmed consumption but when it should be OFF it takes a shocking amount of power. And if You unplug it from the wall it forgets the brightness-setting,
and if You don't notice that settings-reset You haven't saved anything by unplugging.
It's horrible.
But this tells You all the truth: Even after equipment is thirteen to fourteen Years old it is still not all that cheap. That tells You volumes about how expensive gear here really is! There is NO WAY to research cheap. The cost has to be paid somehow by someone, in this case through electricity-consumption invoice that I'll ask someone willing to donate that exact amount for Years to come, to pay through their direct withdrawal from their account, automatically,
as the smallest support to me. My electricity consumption - with all fees, was at its lowest roughly about $2.50 for a Month (just ten quarter coins), just recently - further proving no connectivity whatsoever here, and yeah I had a freezer on all the time.
Over a very long period of time, electricity will cost about as much as ALL IT hardware cost put together. Pause to think about that! On top of that, internet home for the first time in my entire life, will cost, that alone, equally much as the sum of all hardware, all software engines and OS:d AND electricity. All these are amounts of money no ordinary people EVER consider as non-essential!!
I've also proven that I really NEED a, relatively to tiniest existing sub-par for Accordance, decent monitor: As I think I'm now actually going to go for this old 30" anyway! With all its faults and strain on the eyes. I'm sick of Months and Months of not being able to research myself more than on about four occasions (which were on "fire-extinguishing" matters of sort, really), and the relationship concern escalates with anything I do such as remembering first anniversary - she got so mad that I remember in a really nice way. All she is waiting for is for me to start researching - nothing else is really needed.
I don't work a lot this ongoing Year nor need to study every Month.
I have time.
I loose a lot by letting time pass by.
Still in fact I can't actually afford and my by this point non-understanding parents will be pissed of a major time.
But I'm leaning towards getting a rig, the UK one looks a bit better actually but is harder to order.
I had my eyes for a while on a tower server six-course Twelve threads, comes basically empty, the RAID-controller I realise is a bit on the weak side and the whole machine might be too old to run SUSE 15 - but I'll beg for the UK machine on the aforementioned invoice, first, from the closer provider. Provider to provider request to end-user Sole trader firm customer who (me) has the coupon code - it's an uphill request for sure.
Life, things people never think could cost significantly likely are going to today be proven as way to costly for me life, it's a practical bankruptcy: Disablement of the ever so slightly reachable possibility of doing as "simple" a matter as ever surf and browse the internet in a great way even ONE whole period in my whole life. I dreamed of having many hundreds or even, more likely, thousands, of browser-windows open in stacked/grouped tabs:

Monitor: https://www.tradera.com/item/301824/397834355/dell-ultrasharp-3007wfp-30-skarm-med-2560-1600-upplosning-?itm_source=vip&itm_medium=more-from-category
Power supply makes a slight humming noise. Otherwise good. Cheap for one that size, would be a dream one. Far to fetch but that would be worth it. Just saw the ad. Auction closes in five hours from now, no takers. Should I build a computer around a monitor? That my mum might EVEN accept. I've whined about monitor real estate