CBL List of Contributors

R. Mansfield

A number of folks have asked for the list of the “500 Contributors” for the Complete Biblical Library. 

Through copy and paste, I created a quick list in PDF form that I’m attaching here. Let me know if you have any trouble downloading it.

• Like 1

Rick, can you please tell me when this work was first published?  (Print version).  Thanks.

Rick, can you please tell me when this work was first published?  (Print version).  Thanks.

It was released, complete in print, in the late 90s. I don't know the details but there was some kind of conflict between the owner and the publisher, so it had a fairly short print life before it became available digitally. I did notice that there are some newer copyright dates internally. For instance, the Gospels volume is showing a 2016 copyright, so it looks like some of it may have been recently updated.

• Like 1

I think I saw a post where you mentioned you might do a more detailed video or blog on that.  Did I miss that?

I think I saw a post where you mentioned you might do a more detailed video or blog on that.  Did I miss that?

No. Just running late. Editing the video now. 

Here's some more information about publication dates from one of our developers:

The 2016 edition of the NT Study Bible improved the format, but the commentary remains the same. (I'm comparing the two print editions of Romans.)

The OT Study Bible was never revised in that way. However, the Accordance version of the OT Study Bible reflects the updated format of the NT Study Bible. Normally, Accordance modules try to reflect the print editions as much as possible, but in this case we had the flexibility to improve the layout of the OT Study Bible.

The copyright date for each OT volume is listed in the Accordance module. They range from 1994-2000.
The older NT print copies show two dates: 1986 and either 1990 or 1991. They were later combined into 2 volumes in 2016.
  • Like 1

No. Just running late. Editing the video now. 

Thanks Rick, looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks Rick, looking forward to seeing it.

I uploaded the video on Friday but forgot to come back here and link to it. Here's a blog post that went live this morning which includes the video.

• Like 1