Can we use “Tab” Key to switch between “words” & “Verses” in the search bar?

henryaukc

Can we use “Tab” Key to switch between “words” & “Verses” in the search bar? so we can keep our hands on the keyboard without touching the screen. 

Also, there is still some space on the right side of the search bar, can we have the context pull down menu to have faster access? 

post-36165-0-26056200-1588724431_thumb.jpeg

Edited by henryaukc

Hey Henry,

Thanks for the requests.

You can already do (1) with the keystroke "cmd-;"

As for (2): we recognize that the interface for iPads does not utilize the extra space to the best extent. I'll make note of your request as we already have plans on our project list to address this space misutilization. Have no fear!

• Like 2

Great to know the cmd+; shortcut, actually I found that there is a shortcut menu in that interface. Thanks.

Great to know the cmd+; shortcut, actually I found that there is a shortcut menu in that interface. Thanks.

Henryaukc - good that you found the menu. I have been using the iPadOS exclusively for a few weeks now and found that there are many things in this version that I was not aware of.

For those that many not be aware on ipadOS, holding down the command key for a couple of seconds will show what keyboard shortcuts are available (on most apps).

Here are a couple of screenshots showing the shortcuts available in Accordance from the general text view, and then the shortcuts available from the search window. They may be helpful to someone.

Once I took the time to learn them, I was jumping around texts and performing searches without touching the screen at all. Even just navigating a text it was far quicker than using the Apple Pencil / fingers.

Hope this helps,

John

post-34457-0-77642400-1589176144_thumb.jpeg

post-34457-0-87443100-1589176169_thumb.jpeg

Edited by dataduffy
  • Like 2

can’t wait for the touchpad support, it would be huge for the ipad app

• Like 1