There’s more in the iOS app than I thought.

Dataduffy

I recently decided to try and go iPad Pro only, for all my computing needs and that included Accordance.

I have been using the iOS app exclusively for a couple of weeks now, and I have been quite surprised with what is available thorough the app once I started looking.

For example, I didn’t realize that the full functionality of editing highlight styles is there! (I was anticipating to have to fire up the Mac to make any significant changes and sync it)

Also there are a significant number of keyboard shortcuts that make navigating very very quick, if you are using the keyboard.

I feel somewhat embarrassed that I didn’t realize how far along these features were, but I certainly am happy discover and use them!

Thank you!

John

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new user of Accordance but I have been using iPad only for 3 years. I own Logos, Olive Tree and Accordance. Originally Olive Tree is the only platform focus on iOS so I used it a lot in the past. But although still a lot of features hasn’t migrated from the Desktop version, Accordance for iOS beats them by its powerful and fast searching capability. Can’t wait for the other features to arrive (can wait for the implementation of the hover over using mouse on iPad for instant detail, the one tap access on olive tree is better/faster than the current tap and hold in Accordance)

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

In my continuing experiment of trying to run my work and personal life with an ipad rather than a Mac, I wanted to share another nugget that I found with Accordance on iOS.

”Remember My Place”

This came out of a question from the webinar yesterday and got my looking into it today.

This feature really is very very good.

I’ve attached a screen shot of the help page. It does exactly what it says on the box. 

If you have more than one iOS device, I would recommend you check this out.

John

post-34457-0-75669800-1590761838_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Yep, it was I who raised the question and unfortunately its currently not working for me and settings are correct (and I never seem to have got it working)! And didnt get that little icon rich showed last night. 

Currently ipad pro first generation and iphone 8 (before that ipad second generation and iphone 4s)

;o( 

but ive been mainly ios for years now and though i have some niggles, wouldnt want to be without it.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Hi Fraser, I thought it was you asking the question, but it was 2am for me and struggling to drink enough coffee. :wacko:

For the Remember my Place, for me the key thing was to understand that I had to “push” the app on the first device to the background.

for example:

• On the ipad, I have ESV open at James 1.
  • I then swipe up to get to the home page on the ipad.
  • Then open the app on the iphone, and load ESV. It should now be at James 1.

Using the example above, if the ESV is already open on the second device, just give it a couple of seconds and it will jump to the correct place where you were on the first device.

I think the key action is to swipe (or press home button to get the home screen) to push the app on the first device into the background. This seems to be the action that sends the location to the second device.

(I think the phone icon that Rick was showing was more to do with iOS handoff than the Remember my Place, as I don’t see that icon either when using Remember my Place.)

hope this helps

john

Edited by Dataduffy
  • Like 1

Yep, rick got the phone icon on his accordance ipad to show they were talking to each other. I still have home buttons on both devices but they just open where they were.

;o( 

not a big issue, but it could be good if it worked. 

handoff is also working because i transferred photos from phone to ipad. 

Edited by ukfraser