App not opening

nlaven

So today I cannot get Accordance app to open, it stays on opening screen and then eventually will crash.

I checked my iPad and its software is up to date so just wondering what could be causing this issue?

If you hold down the option key as you start up you should get a dialogue box...

Try removing the caches and see if that works...

-dan

nlaven,

Quit Accordance by double pressing the Home button and then swiping the miniature Accordance off the screen. Then open the device Settings from the Home screen, scroll down and select Accordance. Turn on Remove Saved Session and Clear Download Cache and then open Accordance again.

If you continue to have issues with this, there are some other options available in that location as well. You can also try 'Reset Spotlight Indexes' and 'Reset Interlinear Settings'. Please be aware that ‘Reset User Content’ will erase all of your user notes, highlights, etc. So use that one as a last resort and make sure that you have your user content backed up before turning that choice on.

Alternatively, delete the app and download it again from the App Store. Deleting the app will delete your User Content. So make sure to have a backup of your User Content before you do this if Accordance allows you to in your situation. This can be done by syncing with your computer in Accordance or Dropbox.

Pressing the option key when opening Accordance is for the computer version.

Sometimes, for various reasons, your saved session can become corrupt. The first thing you should try is to go into Settings and in the Accordance section and select Remove Saved Session. 

Let us know if that works for you. If not we can try some other things.

[Edit: Thanks Ricardo for beating me to the post button by less than 1min… ;) ]

Edited by Graham Buck

My bad I misread it and thought you were talking about your mac APP... not sure how i made that mistake.

-dan