Sync issue Dropbox & WiFi

Tim Hall

Hello,

I have run into a major issue with syncing. I cannot sync my papers onto either of my iOS devices. The device specifics are listed in my signature. I am using the latest version of Accordance (Beta track and regular track on my Mac, regular track on my iPad & iPhone).

All my papers are accessible on my Mac. Dropbox syncing appears to work on my iPhone X, but when I open up a paper it is blank except for the title information. Dropbox syncing on my iPad crashes Accordance. There are papers on my iPad, but like the iPhone only the title is showing up. User tools and notes appear to be fine on both.

I have attempted to sync my papers with both devices via wifi sync as well (using the Beta & normal version of Accordance on my Mac), but none of my user items show up in the list of syncable modules.

post-18813-0-48614100-1584118597_thumb.png

post-18813-0-60356100-1584118606_thumb.jpeg

Tim,

I'm sorry to hear about your issues. I'm currently looking into some Dropbox issues now. Hopefully I'll find the cause of them soon.

As for wifi sync, if you unlink your mobile device from Dropbox your user items will show back up in the wifi sync dialog.

• Like 1

So ... I kept running into I/O errors first in a user notes file then in a stack file. Odd thing is I wasn't even trying to sync them. All my papers were not showing up to sync (half the folders at least were missing).

Hopefully a dropbox fix will come soon. In the mean time I found a solution for this Sunday involving OneNote.

Thanks Graham for your continued work and effort, I so often take Accordance working for granted as I hardly ever have any issues with it.

Blessings!!

revtim,

You could try https://imazing.com/  to sync the files manually in the mean time. I not sure if it will help with your particular issue, but it's worth the try.