The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek

Enoch

it is noted that while Accordance is advertising a sale on lexicons, The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek is not in the list.

• Like 1

Accordance doesn't have much material from Brill. They are hard to license at a reasonable rate. This module has been requested numerous times here. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ya,

I am very interested in this dictionary. At the present options appear to be a hardcover, which is known to have robustness issues, or Logos which would be considerably less useful to me than having it Accordance. At present I suspect it would be better in Logos than in hardcover for obvious reasons.

I went over the posts here concerning this dictionary last night https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1. There are a few and more than a little interest. What I didn't see was any indication from Oaktree as to whether this dictionary might one day be available in Accordance.

Is anyone at Oaktree able to say anything about this ? whether it's being looked into, whether it might be, whether it was and no terms could be reached or such, or if this is just basically a non-starter (inadequate interest etc.) ? I'm not trying to be critical, but trying to figure out which way I should jump.

Many thanx

Daniel

I know, and it's been pointed out several times, that Brill is tough to deal with. That being said HALOT, which is a practically a base product in Accordance, is a Brill publication. So it shouldn't be impossible, unless Brill has become much more difficult to negotiate with in the intervening years. 

Edited by Donald Cobb

...unless Brill has become much more difficult to negotiate with in the intervening years. 

• Like 1

Gotta love Brill! Their market is not for the individual, even though many invest in their work and pay WAY more than they should for things, usually dictionaries and lexicons. Brill is designed for institutions mainly and their price point is scaled to libraries. HALOT is a bit different as it has been reprinted once or twice. My guess is, the price point for the licensing and the work needed to format and tag for Accordance would be difficult to wrangle sufficiently into a viable return at this point. Logos probably gets better terms as they have been dealing with Brill longer. Doesn't make them any better, they just work with them a lot.

• 1 year later...

Great news! The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek is now available; and for a limited time, you can add it to your Accordance Library at discounted introductory pricing. I'm not making this up or exaggerating when I say, you might not see it discounted this low after this year.