Leedy Diagrams

Battlesman

Now that Bibleworks has sadly closed, I hereby motion that Dr. Randy Leedy's Bibleworks Greek diagrams be considered as a module for Accordance.

I bought Bibleworks a number of years ago for the sole purpose of owning his diagrams—and I'm glad I did since BW has since shut down.

Randy has just announced that Logos is now considering adding it to their resources. Since Accordance is, in my estimation, better at the original languages than Logos, it seems only fitting that Accordance should have this as a resource.

In case my word isn't enough, here's Rod Decker's recommendations on the Accordance Forums 11 years ago:

"The BibleWorks diagrams were prepared by Randy Leedy. They are very well done. (If there is a 2d set, I don't know about them.) ...there are some aspects that are based on exegetical judgment calls, but the bulk of decisions are not in that category. Where they are so based, it is a great help to the student and user to see how someone has understood the text...."

Thanks for considering!

• Like 10

I requested this before and I know from him (personal e-mail) he had contacted Accordnace, but they has no responded to him. 

The last e-mail from him.

Fabian,

I'm going back through some emails to find people who have contacted me about the BibleWorks sentence diagrams. The diagrams are now on sale in PDF form. Other forms of publication may be possible in the future, but this is what is available at the moment. The standard price will be $36, but I'm running an introductory special for the month of January at $29.

For more information or to buy, see my website, www.NTGreekGuy.com.

Blessings in Christ!

Randy Leedy

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

I would LOVE to see this!  I tried importing the Leedy diagrams as a PDF but the diagrams did not import correctly, only the plain text did. Though I like the diagrams that are already available in Accordance I think having the Leedy diagrams would be a great comparison because they are definitely not the same. I was studying a particular passage and I just couldn't get the grammar to come together right. Looking at the diagram in Accordance didn't help but when I looked at Dr. Leedy's diagram of that passage all made sense!  

• Like 2

I've passed this request on to our licensing team. In the meantime, don't forget that we do have NT Diagrams available in the Accordance Store. And you can diagram any sentence on your own in Accordance by selecting text, and then choosing Amplify menu: Language: Diagram

• Like 1

I've passed this request on to our licensing team. In the meantime, don't forget that we do have NT Diagrams available in the Accordance Store. And you can diagram any sentence on your own in Accordance by selecting text, and then choosing Amplify menu: Language: Diagram

Hi Rick,

Yes, I am aware of this. I have owned it and used it for many years. However, just like you use multiple commentaries for your sermon, another Greek diagram resource would be a welcome help. In a way, diagrams are essentially commentaries without as many words. 

Add Leedy's in here for additional insight, please!

• Like 2

It would also be good for the ones who coming over from BW, so they can use the familiar one. 

• Like 4

Oooh. Nice point Fabian.

I agree with Dustin. Why not have multiple options for comparison? So long as it's not a huge process for Accordance to get it imported...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

+1

There are multiple syntax modules in Hebrew, it would be nice to have this option in Greek too.

• Like 2

+1

I tried to import the PDF and was unsuccessful as well.  

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

And as I mentioned there is also another diagram available see https://www.ntgreekguy.com If potential customers are more familiar with the Leedy or the one from Ramey they have more reason to come to Accordance than to another Bible Software.

Edited by Fabian