Stuck Mail

R. Mansfield

I'm hoping someone has come across this issue before and can help me out. In Apple Mail on my iMac (running Catalina), Activity has been showing that messages are moving for over a week, but the status never changes unless I delete an email or move it to a folder. But then the number total just grows. I do have multiple email accounts installed including both iCloud mail and my Accordance email. If I delete my iCloud mail, the Activity seen in the screenshot below disappears. But as soon as I restore it, it returns.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Screen%20Shot%202020-02-13%20at%2012.01.

I had similar problems with Catalina. The Mac got very hot for days. 

Try "Postfach" left from E-mail over the Toolbar. Go down to "Wiederherstellen". 

post-32723-0-06925000-1581618647_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

So I tried that, but it's still stuck :-(

I have also deleted a lot of old mails. I saw then some was corrupted and I had also some issues to delete them permanently. But now (after several hours and deleted many hundreds of mails) I have a cleaner app and the bugs are mostly gone. I have still issues with the one that is pop3. All others with imap works mostly good. Only the one from the university make sometimes trouble, but this is a Mac problem. I need there the same password for all different logins and the Mac get confused (info from the internet as I searched for the problem). So I can't change the situation there. The only one I can do is to go away from my old pop3, which I will do in the near future if this get not better.

All of mine are imap.

The corrupted ones was on the imap. So Mail was not able to push it the new folder. New means: after Draft to Sent, if the e-mail was sent. Or to the trash if you deleted it. I recognized this was mails I had earlier problems to send. For example they was to big, the connection was lost during the sending etc. 

Maybe one other had a better solution. 

Sounds like something busted on the iCloud end. Do they have a support crew you can contact ? You could try another email client to try to rule out the client vs server thing.

Or as Abram says I guess, upgrade.

I stopped using Apple Mail years ago because of some issue so I cannot say anything specific on it.

Thx

D

• Like 1

I've read this week the free e-mail clients sell your datas. Not what I want. I even don't want others do that which I'm in contact, because my data are then also sold and I can do absolutely nothing against this.  I even don't like people who uses free software which sells the data, when my data is in.