Possible to transfer highlights between Hebrew Bibles?

mortenjensen

Hi all,

Is it possible to transfer one's highlights from e.g. "Hebrew Bible (Biblia Hebraica) Tagged" to "Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia Tagged"? I have been using the former, but would onwards like to use the latter - hopefully with my highlights.

Now I am at it: Is Stuttgartensia not the one to use compared to the former and another I have from some package ("Hebrew Bible (BHS) Tagged")? Can someone clarify for me what the differences are between these three - besides the apparatus in Stuttgartensia? Thanks a lot!

Morten

The "Hebrew Bible (BHS) Tagged" is our old Hebrew text - I do not recommend you use it, as it is not receiving the latest Westminster morphology.  Our main Hebrew text is one of the two texts you first mentioned.  Aside from the inclusion of the apparatus in the BHS-T, here's a quote from Helen describing the difference:

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/14080-the-difference-between-the-hmt-w4-and-the-bhs/

There are additional differences. The BHS-T reproduces the Biblia Hebraica Septuaginta (although there are a few typos as this text has not been in use as long or as widely as HMT-W4). The HMT-W4 is maintained by the J. Alan Groves Center for Advanced Biblical Research at Westminster Theological Seminary. The scholars there based their text on the Leningrad Codex, which was also the basis of the BHS. However, scholars can disagree (gasp!) about how to read the manuscript and so the texts differ in certain places. 

I asked once to update the BHS-T t the latest Westminster morphology. The answer was "Maybe"

Thanks, Joel. Just to be sure:

- so, there is no way to transfer highlights from HMT-W4 to BHS-T (Stuttgartgensia)?

- if I have the Stuttgartgensia, it is the one to use, since the BHS-apparatus is connected to this one?

Btw: I really enjoy the new highlight implementation of vers. 13!

Morten

1) I don't believe there is a way to easily transfer the highlights.  You'll need to reapply them, finding them with a [sTYLE *] search.

2) Generally if you find access to the sigla/apparatus important, then you'd probably want to use the BHS-T.