Strange scrolling and highlighting on iPhone

Megan2020a

Anyone notice lately that text doesn’t appear correctly while reading the bible? Lately it’s more often broken than not, here is a screenshot of what my bible reading looks like every other day.

Also, tapping on words makes them yellow instead of showing the Greek meaning. Can we fix that too please?

thanks!

post-35993-0-55109800-1580590837_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hey Megan,

I can't speak to the word selection issue as I cannot reproduce it, but as for the duplicate and/or missing text issue I've recently found and fixed a rather significant bug. The next update of the app will fix that issue.

Thanks for the reports.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone notice lately that text doesn’t appear correctly while reading the bible? Lately it’s more often broken than not, here is a screenshot of what my bible reading looks like every other day.

Also, tapping on words makes them yellow instead of showing the Greek meaning. Can we fix that too please?

thanks!

Megan,

I totally hear you about tapping to amplify and getting unwanted highlighting instead. One of the most annoying things for me is when I try to tap a footnote (especially a single digit, i.e. small character) and repeatedly cannot get the footnote to open, and more often than not end up getting an unwanted highlight. It's so annoying that I've almost started to give up tapping on footnotes on iOS and to switch over to my computer to look them up instead. It definitely feels like something has changed with the sensitivity of highlighting since the last major iOS release. Yes, please, "can we fix that"?

In the meantime (maybe I'm just not finding it in the Settings) but is it possible to simply turn off the ability to highlight? It's not a feature I use very much, but I constantly tap to amplify words and footnotes. If anyone can give me tips for turning off the ability to highlight, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks!

Evan

P.S. I've also encountered the strange bug you mentioned with repeated text, or more often missing chunks of text, and more often in my tools than in texts. Thanks for working on a fix for that, Graham. I just updated to 3.0.8, build 3.0.7.12073, so hopefully your fix is in there, and I won't ever see missing text again!

Edited by Evan Bryant
  • Like 1