Copy search

JCS

When I do a search of any type in an original language, and then open a side box that shows an English translation for the search results, is it possible to copy both intermingled, that is each original language and each English verse, for pasting in Word?

When I do a search of any type in an original language, and then open a side box that shows an English translation for the search results, is it possible to copy both intermingled, that is each original language and each English verse, for pasting in Word?

No, to my knowledge it is not possible to paste from multiple panes (text windows) simultaneously in any app.

But, you may be able to automate this a bit with a Quicksilver action (search our forum for info on QS, or Joe Weeks' blog). Our widget also has some handy paste options into word processors.

You can't copy parallel panes, but you can print them, so try this trick:

1. Choose print

2. In the print dialog, click the Preview button. This will open a PDF preview of the printed page.

3. Select everything and copy

4. Paste into your word processor. This will give you the text of each parallel pane interleaved together.

Hope this helps.

Archived