Jump to content

If you could choose one (1) (only one) Bible translation that's not in Accordance now....


Mark Allison
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 6/10/2022 at 2:05 AM, khtmhai5 said:

I would love to have the Revised New Jerusalem Bible available on Accordance. 

 

 

 

 

Any chance this is in the pipeline???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another set of useful resources would be some of the resources from Karen Publishers Jerusalem. Their Hebrew Tanakh is the standard among Israeli Jews, plus they offer a solid English translation of the Tanakh as well. Some of their other resources (Siddur, etc), are also useful for Jewish customers.

 

Since I’m of Jewish ancestry and have been learning more about my Jewish background, I’ve been consulting some of their resources as well. Having some of their resources in Accordance would continue to allow Accordance to remain a dominant player in the Jewish market (Most Bible software companies are seriously weak in this market).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Simple. I would love to have a version of the 1901 American Standard Version with Strongs numbers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you Scott!

How long has that been available?!?

It downloads as a dmg file but when I activate it it looks as though it is going to add Accordance itself to my apps and hence to replace my current version. This isn't working as a auto install as I am used to Accordance purchases doing. Am I missing something.

I am a thorough going Trinitarian but I love the 1901 ASV and its use of the personal name of Jehovah. 

Thanks for your help.

Ron

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Ron Bailey said:

It downloads as a dmg file but when I activate it it looks as though it is going to add Accordance itself to my apps and hence to replace my current version. This isn't working as a auto install as I am used to Accordance purchases doing. Am I missing something.

You should be able to download it the usual way through easy install...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you Scott, that's what I expected but it doesn't appear in the easy install list.

Ahh, I think I know my problem. Some time ago I had problems with my Mac not being able to find some Accordance files. The excellent Support from Accordance talked me through and it has worked well, but it seems I now have 2 versions of Accordance, and I don't know which one my Mac is choosing when I say 'Accordance'.

Hopefully, this screenshot will explain what I am saying... but where do I go from here?

No, that can't be the problem. Unless... The added image shows the onscreen status of the installation when I activate the dmg file. It says it is installing 1 of 2 But the image shows it installing Accordance. I presume this has loaded a 'new' version of Accordance although the system did not warn me that I was 'replacing' my version of Accordance. Both of these applications seem to work, but I can find no trace of the ASV with Strongs.

Thank's for your help

yours

Ron Bailey

Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 20.53.49.png

Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 21.03.08.png

Edited by Ron Bailey
thought I had found the answer. But I hadn't !
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good News Bible. Not one I prefer, but one I need regularity for use with others. I’m actually quite surprised it’s not included free with the app. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, A. Smith said:

Good News Bible. Not one I prefer, but one I need regularity for use with others. I’m actually quite surprised it’s not included free with the app. 

 

The Good News Bible/Today's English Version is a copyrighted title we pay royalties on, so we cannot include it for free.  We include the ESV with the trial because Crossway negotiated a very low royalty.

 

I would, however, like to see us get the TEV notes, which we do not have for some reason. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, R. Mansfield said:

 

The Good News Bible/Today's English Version is a copyrighted title we pay royalties on, so we cannot include it for free.  We include the ESV with the trial because Crossway negotiated a very low royalty.

 

I would, however, like to see us get the TEV notes, which we do not have for some reason. 

Yes. It’s my understanding that UBS is pretty generous with rights though. But maybe not. In any case, it is not an option for purchase. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, A. Smith said:

...In any case, it is not an option for purchase. 

 

Sure it is. I linked to it above and link to it again here

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

I would, however, like to see us get the TEV notes, which we do not have for some reason. 

Here's another question. Could we get the line drawings from the Good News Bible (TEV)? Those would be amazing!

Edited by Tim Hall
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Tim Hall said:

Here's another question. Could we get the line drawings from the Good News Bible (TEV)? Those would be amazing!

 

I love those drawings by Annie Vallotton. Loved the simplicity of them that still communicated so much. I always thought they were quite medatative. You know, I personally own a set of those in digital form (but in one of the boxes as yet unpacked from our last move). I bought them on CD, probably 20 or more years ago. Interestingly, they were in .pcx format of all things.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NRSVue is now available most everywhere except in Accordance.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

 

Sure it is. I linked to it above and link to it again here

Yes. Sorry I missed that. I was searching for GNB (which is what it's called where I'm at) and forgot it's also called TEV. Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, A. Smith said:

Yes. Sorry I missed that. I was searching for GNB (which is what it's called where I'm at) and forgot it's also called TEV. Thank you!

Ha! I'm even seeing it comes up in the search as TEV and I just didn't connect those dots. Sorry about that!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...