If you could choose one (1) (only one) Bible translation that's not in Accordance now....

Mark Allison

If you could choose one Bible translation that's not currently available in Accordance, which one would you pick? 

Edited by Mark Allison

Only 1...

Then LXX.D zweite Auflage with Commentaries/Notes

As second a German Bible with Strong's or GK/GKE tagging. There are some old once, but the newest until the Leonberger with GK/E is finished the Elberfelder CSV with Strong's. 

But honestly Accordance should really invest more in Bible translations. So many languages are not present in the Store. Dutch, Danish, Slovak, Estonian, Lithuanian, Czech, Turkish, Bulgarian, Serbian... The list is nearly endless and I don't talk about of a minor language in the Amazon rain forest. 

If you could choose one Bible translation that's not currently available in Accordance, which one would you pick? 

But why only one? Are the human resources in Accordance so limited?

Once I got an answer like this: We are in good relationship with Biblica. As I asked to bring more Bibles from Biblica. I asked for the Hoffnung für Alle. But why I don't see any fruits if there is a good relationship?

I guess the Bibles from Biblica are all in the same form. So an import script to Accordance would bring a lot Bibles to Accordance without a huge amount of work for every Bible. 

The same for the Bibles in USFX, USFM/USX and OSIS source format.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 4

If I had to choose one could I choose six ? Origen's Hexapla ? I realize it's not complete these days but it would be interesting.

But something complete, I would be interested in Richmond Lattimore's translation of the NT.

Thx

D

• Like 3

Me too: LXX.D  :) 

Edited by Johannes
  • Like 4

I would love to see the Portuguese Nova Almeida Atualizada (2017). But, I am sure the market for Portuguese versions is very small and so I don't fault Accordance for not making this a priority.

A more realistic wish would be CBGM's Editio Critica Maior 

Thanks!

[Yeah, I know, you specified "one" version... sorry]

Edited by OSchrock
  • Like 2

Its been requested before (and i know you already sort of have it in their commentaries) but for English it would be nice to have as a stand alone text

The Bible for Everyone by John Goldingay & Tom Wright

but not sure whats behind the question, and we certainly have loads of english translations and i agree that other languages should take priority. 
Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 5

My first thought was Goldingay / Wright, but UK Fraser beat me to it.  The more I read their work, the more I appreciate their biblical perspective.  A stand alone module would give me immediate chapter and verse location and better parallel comparison. 

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 5

Robert Altar's Hebrew Bible

• Like 12

I would love to see the Portuguese Nova Almeida Atualizada (2017). But, I am sure the market for Portuguese versions is very small and so I don't fault Accordance for not making this a priority.

BibleWorks used to have these Portuguese versions included in their base program:

Portuguese
  • Almeida Revista e Atualizada, 1993
  • Almeida Revista e Corrigida, 1969
  • Almeida Biblia, 1994
  • Corrigida Fiel, 1753/1995
  • Interconfessional Translation (RCS), 2009
  • King James Atualizada
  • Modern Language Translation, 2005
  • Like 3

Personally I'm good, but from the options suggested above I would agree with choosing Robert Alter’s translation of the Hebrew Bible.

A close second would be the Bible in Cockney.

• Like 5

The Bible for Everyone by Goldingay and Wright!

• Like 4

Any additional German language translation. 

• Like 4

If you mean a Bible module, I would ask for Sinaiticus, the whole as one text. Yeah, I know that is not what you asked about. But I dearly wish that the uncial manuscripts were in Accordance with all their contents (OT, NT, apocrypha, or whatever).

If I had to choose one could I choose six ? Origen's Hexapla ? I realize it's not complete these days but it would be interesting.

But something complete, I would be interested in Richmond Lattimore's translation of the NT.

Thx

D

I don't think Origen's Hexapla in toto is available -- isn't most of it lost?

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 3

If you mean a Bible module, I would ask for Sinaiticus, the whole as one text. Yeah, I know that is not what you asked about. But I dearly wish that the uncial manuscripts were in Accordance with all their contents (OT, NT, apocrypha, or whatever).

Yes alas.

Regarding Sinaiticus, I posted a full text User Bible to the exchange a few years ago. It doesn't have every corrector in it. I cannot remember which hand I picked but anyhow, it covers all the text.

Thx

D

• Like 3

I would prefer a tagged German Bible than an additional translation.

• Like 7

John Goldingay's First Testament

Edited by Timothy Hall
  • Like 3

It is a translation so still in bounds :)

• Like 1

A true Accordance expansion would involve adding a Bible in a new language for Accordance. Why not Persian? There is a highly regarded five-year-old translation called the Persian New Millennium Version. Here is an article about its introduction. YouVersion has a digital edition from Elam Ministries.

• Like 5

I would like an English translation of the Peshitta OT. Lamsa did one. I don't know if there are others.

• Like 4

J.B. Phillips New Testament would be a nice addition

• Like 2

USFM import, so we can bring in many kinds of Bibles!

• Like 2

I would prefer a tagged German Bible than an additional translation.

Ok, LXX.D tagged!  :)

• Like 2