NEW! Keener's GALATIANS: A COMMENTARY

R. Mansfield

New for Accordance: Galatians: A Commentary is the latest, thoroughly researched commentary from renowned scholar Craig S. Keener. Filled with fresh insight into Paul's letter, this volume is sure to benefit all who read it. Add it to your Accordance Library for 25% off the regular price for a limited time!

For more information, please see today's blog post.

screenshots:

Keener%20-%20Galatians%20-%20macOS.png?d

Keener%20Galatians%20-%20iPhone.png?dl=1

Just curious, and I don't want to sound negative, but why are Dr. Keener's commentaries so expensive?  $45-55 for Galatians?  That's six chapters.  And his commentary on Acts is almost $200?

Again, I don't want to come across as negative.  He has some very insightful things to say, even from a Jewish point of view, but the price just seems steep.

• Like 1

Much of the pricing is set by the publisher. We like to do better than our competitors when we can, but our royalties to the publisher also affect this.

Consider, though, the size of these volumes. Yes, Galatians only has six chapters, but Keener's commentary on Galatians is nearly 900 pages long. And his three-volume commentary on Acts is over 4600 pages long. That's a lot of content you're paying for.

Just curious, and I don't want to sound negative, but why are Dr. Keener's commentaries so expensive?  $45-55 for Galatians?  That's six chapters.  And his commentary on Acts is almost $200?

Again, I don't want to come across as negative.  He has some very insightful things to say, even from a Jewish point of view, but the price just seems steep.

Just curious: what is to gain from this work from a Jewish point of view? I know only J. Shulam "Galatians" and one from FFOZ. There is one from M. Nanos, which I not yet read.... :) .

Consider, though, the size of these volumes.

Ah, now it makes sense.  That answers it, Rick.

what is to gain from this work from a Jewish point of view?

What I meant, Markus, is that Dr. Keener seems relatively good at providing the Jewish context, or background to the passage (among other cultural and literary contexts).  So while I would personally prefer to have Jewish authorship, Dr. Keener is at least good at providing Jewish background or parallels in the Ketuvim Netzarim.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

Thanks, I stick with what I already own.

Edited by markusvonkaenel

I got his volumes on John, Acts and Galatians for free this past Christmas