Greek dictionary lookup vs highlighting conflict

Ιακοβ

For a few months now, when I am reading Greek text, and I need to look up a Greek word, It prefers to highlight the word instead. Sometimes I’ll go through a highlight/delete highlight cycle of up to 3 times before I get a pure dictionary lookup. 

something seems to have changed, perhaps the number of pixels the finger needs to accidentally move before highlighting kicks in has changed? 

Can we turn highlighting off for Greek text, it’s super annoying.

Can we turn highlighting off , it’s super annoying.

Not just greek text, i had a major battle this morning in my tagged nrsv and trying to scroll though my lexicon on a couple of words on my iphone. It kept highlighting and closing the instant details screen using 3.0.5 build 3.0.4.11694. Not been aware of this before on the phone. 

(as usual, something was said in the sermon and i wanted to explore a bit!)

Edited by ukfraser

It’s a relief to know it’s not just me.  

I think an update changed it (as I never used to have that problem, but I’m just not sure how long ago the update was.

Ive not noticed the problem on my iPad which is what i usually use plus its now on its own os.

just the iPhone which i tend to use in services or meetings for texts otherwise im just reading tools so not using instant details very much. 

• 4 weeks later...