Flagging language texts along side English Bible texts

TheMinibishop

I could not think of a way to search for the results for this question, so I thought I'd ask it here, and if it's been answered, someone will point me to the forum post containing the answer.

Isaiah 42:1-9 NRSV translates sdq and mispat as "righteousness." Is there a way to search for occurrences of one or more original language words being translated as only one word in an English translation?

Perhaps in one section of my window the hebrew text of Isaiah 42:1-9 as sdq and mispat highlighted and the corresponding verses in NRSV have "righteousness" highlighted.

??

Hi, I can't think of how to do this simply. other than by searching for you target word (righteousness in this instance) in your range (either using the range command or a saved range).

post-29509-0-48807000-1578693611_thumb.png

Then doing a word count analysis and it will show you the different lemmas translated as righteousness in the range.

post-29509-0-81780200-1578693603_thumb.png

Doing this on NRSVS does not show what you are suggesting above though, In my analysis I see justice (mishpat - H4941) being translated as justice 3 times and once with no key number (ie an 'understood" usage of the word) and once righteousness (tzedeq - H6664)

If there is something I am missing then please let me know. We don't currently support the kind of highlighting you are talking about.

If you then show the target text as an interlinear with just the KEY and LEX showing you can pretty quickly see where the words line up and what is being used. It's a bit kludgy but I I think it works OK. And, the analysis and interlinear results will auto-update if you cage your search parameters.

post-29509-0-97649300-1578693622_thumb.png