iPad OS Today View

Brian W. Davidson

Is it possible to remove the daily reading section? I don’t use this, but I would like to have one click access to my most recent books.

post-32384-0-32173900-1577893380_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Have you tried deleting the daily reading resources you dont use. If the section is empty you will have easy access to the recently opened as you wont get the error message bumping up your screen. 

I don’t seem to be able to delete those resources from the library.

In tools,( not the screen you posted the screenshot) go to and open devotionals, then edit and you should be able to select what you want to delete and select delete at the bottom of the screen.  

in the tools window you can also delete the devotionals section which will be recreated i think if you later download a devotional (assuming it worked the same way as other sections i have deleted or renamed).  

post-31185-0-57069400-1577912945_thumb.jpeg

post-31185-0-02699200-1577912963_thumb.jpeg

post-31185-0-08318600-1577912975_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

Gotcha. Thanks! Deleted the devotionals, but that section is still taken up with a notification.

post-32384-0-41565700-1577916846_thumb.jpeg

Hey Brian,

So jumping in here, I see you're still having issues with devotional resources? Could you tell me what the first resource was in your library (before you deleted them all, that is)?

Also, currently there is no way to not show the daily reading feature. This is a design decision on my part, to be sure. I won't go into all the thought, but suffice to say I think the structure currently works in most use cases. But, to be honest, I'm more concerned that you were having issues with parsing your daily reading resources than being able to hide the view. So again, I'd like to test out your first resource on my system to see why you were getting an error.

Thanks, Graham. First resource in what part of the library? My very first is the Tyndale House GNT on iPhone iPad and Mac.

In the daily reading section it is Devotional Readings.

It would have been in the devotionals section of your library on your device. So you're saying the Devotional Readings resource was giving you the error message?

Alright, I'll look into that

I still can't duplicate your issue. Did we ever ask if clearing your saved session worked?

I cleared saved sessions, and I get this now.

post-32384-0-01207600-1578077322_thumb.jpeg

What iPad model and iOS version do you have? Maybe it's something model specific that I've missed?

Something odd is also happening this post:

Gotcha. Thanks! Deleted the devotionals, but that section is still taken up with a notification.

attachicon.gifB5DD28A1-60EA-4533-89FE-EE26276EF6A5.jpeg

The height of the today view should always fit the column height exactly. That you've got images clipped is very odd to me.

12.9” iPad Pro 2018 (latest model)