Quotations and Allusions in Accordance NA 27/28

Dr. Nathan Parker

I just read this in the Beale Handbook on NT Use of the OT

Several published sources indicate where quotations and allusions occur in the NT. The following is a list of the most helpful sources and some annotated comments about them.

The first source to turn to is the twenty–seventh edition of the Nestle-Aland Novum Testamentum Graece.19 The editors have placed in the outer margins of each page an OT reference where they think a quotation or allusion occurs in the corresponding part of the body of this Greek NT text. Quotation references are in italics, and allusions are in regular font. In addition, in an appendix of the NA27 is a complete listing of all the quotations and allusions in their OT canonical order that are found throughout the margins of this Greek edition. Interpreters must decide whether the references to allusions meet the criteria for being valid. One must also remember that there may well be valid allusions not listed in the margins beside the NT passage in the NA27. In other words, the NA27 does not give an exhaustive listing of allusions. Parallels to other NT texts in the NA27 are also found in the outer margins.

Does the Accordance version of the NA 27 or 28 (I own both) have these?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Those are integrated into the apparatus. Look at Matthew 1,0 - there are notes on textual variants on the inscription, and then there are references for allusions for verse 1.

• Like 1

If you have the NA28 with the apparatus... (The regular NA28 without the apparatus does not have it, as far as I know)

• From your library, open Nestle-Aland 28 Apparatus
  • (It will be easier to work with if you detach the tab into its own window)
  • Click on the contents icon in the upper left
  • Scroll to the bottom, and you will find Loci Citate vel Allegati
Edited by mgvh
  • Like 1

Perfect. This helped me find exactly what I need. Thanks a bunch!